Snk2000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I took Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English Literature at As level and got AAAC (C in physics). I don’t like physics very much and I had clashing papers but I’m retaking it. I don’t know if I should drop Literature for A2 since I want to study chemistry at university (I really enjoy Literature tho)
GalGirl101
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If literature is what you enjoy then do it. You have some fantastic grades and if chemistry is what you want to study then the maths and chemistry is sufficient. Don't force yourself to take a subject you don't like
akpo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Physics isn’t a requirement for chemistry courses, so you can drop physics for literature if that’s what you prefer. Doing a subject without interest will result in a lower grade, and A2 content becomes much harder on top of it.
Presence
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
sorry , unrelated question

i am in year 11 going to 12 and will be doing Eng Lit, is it hard-to get A, your results are amazing , do you have any tips for english and maths on how to get an A , do you study everyday and do you start revising from day 1

also, do you need to read a lot of books for english, can someone like me who has never been a bookworm ( i can read but i wont choose to unless i have to but i enjoy the book if i read it ) still do well in it ? i didn't prepare anything during the summer do you think its ok and still possible rto get an A if i work hard , english isnt natural to me and i guess i need to revise a lot

for maths too , i want to do finace in the future o i need to get an A if i want to go to a good Uni , any tips for that? how hard is it everyone is saying its super super hard which kind of freaks me out
Snk2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Presence)
sorry , unrelated question

i am in year 11 going to 12 and will be doing Eng Lit, is it hard-to get A, your results are amazing , do you have any tips for english and maths on how to get an A , do you study everyday and do you start revising from day 1

also, do you need to read a lot of books for english, can someone like me who has never been a bookworm ( i can read but i wont choose to unless i have to but i enjoy the book if i read it ) still do well in it ? i didn't prepare anything during the summer do you think its ok and still possible rto get an A if i work hard , english isnt natural to me and i guess i need to revise a lot

for maths too , i want to do finace in the future o i need to get an A if i want to go to a good Uni , any tips for that? how hard is it everyone is saying its super super hard which kind of freaks me out
So you don’t really need to study over the summer, and Literature is kind of hard since there is a lot of reading because you don’t just read the text, you analyse it and you need to read criticisms and context etc. So basically the more you read the better you get at it. Personally I found making mind maps to be the best preparation. You can check evebennett out on YouTube she can help you out with Literature.
For maths, I would suggest you do topical questions after your lectures and start with yearly past papers around March because the only thing that can help you with maths is practice.
people tend to exaggerate how difficult Alevels are. I mean they are really hard but everyone around you is going through them and most people pull through so you don’t need to freak out. Just make sure you’re on top of understanding concepts in maths and up to date with reading since content tends to pile up in alevels. As long as you do that and do past papers I think you’re good.
Presence
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Snk2000)
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

thank you! does your school tell you what to read or is it moe of yourself finding related books to read for english ?
Snk2000
Rep:
?
Both actually and there are more essays (usually by people in uni) than books.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (907)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (401)
18.93%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.39%

Watched Threads