masters at good uni after course at bad uni

Watch this thread
babazula
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hi i am currently stating my a2 year and due to illness I will only leave with 2 A levels and an AS therefore my only option is to go too manchetser met to study economics I was wondering if I complete my degree at Manchester and rhen do my masters at a different uni.will employees take into consideration my masters or will It just be pointless as I went to a bad uni
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by babazula)
hi i am currently stating my a2 year and due to illness I will only leave with 2 A levels and an AS therefore my only option is to go too manchetser met to study economics I was wondering if I complete my degree at Manchester and rhen do my masters at a different uni.will employees take into consideration my masters or will It just be pointless as I went to a bad uni
It would depend on the employer but most companies won't care which university you went to, just make sure you get at least a 2:1 in your degree so that you meet the minimum requirements for your masters and a job.
bigballer32
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by babazula)
I'm planning on doing the exact same tbh
babazula
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
what uni are you planning on doing your undergraduate course and what about your masters
ingeardagum
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
The undergrad uni you went to won't at all negate getting into a very good uni at postgrad level. However, I do think the grades you get at uni matter more, on the whole, than the uni itself.

You can't undo results you're unhappy with, but if you work hard you'll get a second chance at uni, and once you get your university grades, A-Levels won't matter anymore. I severely under-performed in my exams, but by the time I'd obtained a good degree classification, they didn't make a difference to my postgrad applications. (For context, I did my undergrad at a non-RG uni and now I'm doing a masters at Oxford.)

There's nothing wrong with going to Manchester Met. Just make sure you do yourself justice once you're there. If you do well enough to impress you'll be highly employable and in a great position to apply for postgrad study.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (53)
69.74%
In the post (3)
3.95%
Text (10)
13.16%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (10)
13.16%

Watched Threads