I need to lose 15kg fast

Watch
jjinchi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm 163cm and 71kg ;-; my 18th is in 2 months and I need to look good for it. I have a large frame and slow metabolism- plus I'm having an operation next month and the recovery time may take a few weeks, so no exercise. I really need tips on what diets cause drastic weight loss! Please help me!! I live with my family, and my brother has severe anorexia so I'm watched very closely. We do not have scales, but I desperately need to be thin, I will do whatever it takes.
(I need to lose 15kg love term, if possible, before I go to university but the quicker results, the better.)
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The quickest fix is to your diet. Cut out any sugary and fatty stuff until you can exercise again
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
Similar to what hello_shawn said.. Cutting out fizzy drinks is helpful and also checking your portion sizes. Make sure to cut out takeaway (don't eat it often)! Just eat healthily and make sure not to do anything drastic that could harm you. The thing with losing weight quickly is that you could gain the weight back again quickly. Rather than making it short term, try and keep your habits going even after you lose the weight and maintain the weight. STAY HEALTHY OP!!!
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Please be careful with drastic weight loss, whilst you will lose weight going too far can make you ill and risk a heart attack.
The most important things to avoid are sugar, alcohol, dairy, fried food, meat and carbs.

If you want to lot of weight over 10 days, you can eliminate all drinks but water.
For food- raw vegetables mainly salad, fruit, seeds and grains.
My mother does this diet once a year for a month.
Dymz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hello_shawn)
The quickest fix is to your diet. Cut out any sugary and fatty stuff until you can exercise again
Wrong, this is a small contribution to losing weight.
Over the last year I have lost approximately 4st in body fat and gained more weight in muscle.

if you wish to lean up quickly, you will need to watch your diet, as the user above said, diet is half the work.
I’d also recommend you drink plenty of water, this will increase the speed of your metabolism, not drastically but It will help.

Fasted Cardio, best done in the mornings, go for a run/cycle at the gym or outside for approximately an hour, you want to get your heart rate up but don’t tire yourself out as you’ve not eaten anything yet.
dont eat anything before you do this, the idea of it being fasted is that you’re giving your muscles a calorie deficit so it will use the fat stored around your body to feed themselve, do this 3/4 times a week.
Drink plenty of water when you’re doing this though, you don’t want to dehydrate yourself.

Another big thing is sleep! Sleeping helps your body recover, you’ll feel less tired and this will allow you to lead a more active life style, aim to sleep between 7.5 and 8.5 hours a day.

good luck
SomMC1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jjinchi)
I'm 163cm and 71kg ;-; my 18th is in 2 months and I need to look good for it. I have a large frame and slow metabolism- plus I'm having an operation next month and the recovery time may take a few weeks, so no exercise. I really need tips on what diets cause drastic weight loss! Please help me!! I live with my family, and my brother has severe anorexia so I'm watched very closely. We do not have scales, but I desperately need to be thin, I will do whatever it takes.
(I need to lose 15kg love term, if possible, before I go to university but the quicker results, the better.)
There are a lot of 5-10 day extreme diets in which you will lose several kilos but it's hard to maintain such level of lack of food, of course.

That could help short-term. Then after your surgery, you should look into going to the gym. It may be looking on YT videos on how to perform just 2-3 moves in the gym and just doing those and then cardio (running, cycling). And over the weeks and months you'll expand and perfect your way of exercising. Alternatively and more expensively, you could hire a private trainer for ~1-4months and let him teach you properly everything and just do it by yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (50)
38.17%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
9.16%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
3.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (32)
24.43%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (22)
16.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
7.63%

Watched Threads