anummunir12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

So I've just recieved my gcse results and they weren't as good as I was expecting ( I got one A 4 bs 3 low B/Cs and one low C on the new grading system) and it made me very upset and it meant I had to change my a level courses and it got me thinking about how and if my gcses will affect my uni applications when it comes to the time and so I was wondering because I got a 5 in maths whether I should retake in november and bring up to a 6 hopefully to put me in a better position but do Russel group universities accept retake gcses ? Also I was wondering how much affect gcses have on uni applications and my final question I was hoping you could help me with is whether you think its worth me getting some of my subjects remarked if i was about 8 marks off the next grade or not (I am aware grades can go down when getting remarks)
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anummunir12)
Hi,

So I've just recieved my gcse results and they weren't as good as I was expecting ( I got one A 4 bs 3 low B/Cs and one low C on the new grading system) and it made me very upset and it meant I had to change my a level courses and it got me thinking about how and if my gcses will affect my uni applications when it comes to the time and so I was wondering because I got a 5 in maths whether I should retake in november and bring up to a 6 hopefully to put me in a better position but do Russel group universities accept retake gcses ? Also I was wondering how much affect gcses have on uni applications and my final question I was hoping you could help me with is whether you think its worth me getting some of my subjects remarked if i was about 8 marks off the next grade or not (I am aware grades can go down when getting remarks)
RGs will accept GCSE retakes, of course

GCSEs don't really matter on a uni application unless you're applying for the likes of Oxbridge/Dentistry/Medicine/Vet. However, the key ones like Maths and English will have a minimum grade requirement. Depends on the uni what this is though - often it's just a pass/4/5 so you should be okay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads