maysum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello,

I am currently doing a levels and my subjects are mathematics physics and chemistry. But i dont like these subjects.*

My school offers :*

Computer*

IT*

Mathematics**

Physics*

Chemistry*

Biology*

Pychology*

Sociology law*

Accounting*

Further mathematics

Art and design*

urdu language*

The following are the subjects i dont find intresting.*

Maths*

Chemistry*

Biology*

Economics*

Accounting*

Arts.*

I want your help in choosing better combination for sociology and pyschology what other subjects should i opt for if i don't consider pyshology which ones would be better with sociology? Please Suggest some fascilitating subjects with sociology other than maths physics and chemistry.*

And one last thing i want to get help into is that can i do physics without maths ?.

Regards,*

Maysum Raza.*

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Bradley00
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey,

In terms of picking the A Levels, Id advise picking the ones that interest you the most, as this will help with motivation to study.

Regarding picking physics, 100% you can pick Physics without taking Maths, just that taking Maths does help you out quite a bit.

If you are still having troubles with picking your A Levels, you can possibly check this thread out
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5062606

I hope you found this useful, and feel free to ask me any questions
username3731912
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
philosophy, english, geog
maysum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Bradley00)
Hey,

In terms of picking the A Levels, Id advise picking the ones that interest you the most, as this will help with motivation to study.

Regarding picking physics, 100% you can pick Physics without taking Maths, just that taking Maths does help you out quite a bit.

If you are still having troubles with picking your A Levels, you can possibly check this thread out
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5062606

I hope you found this useful, and feel free to ask me any questions
Thankyou so much for your help. As i discovered later in a level that i dont like maths and chemistry and now i want to pursue social sciences. But i am still confused in choosing right subject combination which can ease university admission requirement. These are some combination i am looking forward to.

Sociology, language (urdu), law.
Pyschology, sociology, language.
Language, sociology, physics.
Law, pyscology, language.
Socilogy, business, language
Pyschology, business, law
Sociology, business, law.

Any suggestions about which of the above combination is best for uni admission critera or most respected. And one more thing۔ what are career paths for physics without maths.
Once again thanks alot.
Bradley00
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Firstly, if you are trying to pursue a career in social sciences, then to my knowledge Physics is not classified as a social science, so really this would be a third choice A Level.

Also, if you are choosing your A Levels based upon the easiest route to a University Admission, then you really shouldn't be trying to go to University, as there isn't an easy path. Universities don't look at specific subjects, unless you are entering a degree which is subject specific, like Maths or Chemical Engineering. As quite clearly stated, you would need Maths and Chemistry Respectively as a requirement for you to study the course.

Let me give you an example as to what I mean: For UCL, if you was to study a general Social Science Degree, you are not actually required to study any specific subjects (I will also provide links for reference so you can also research). http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-stu...-sciences-bsc/

But, if you want to study a more specific Social Science such as Psychology, they have entry requirements that require you to at least take one of the subjects that they list, which coincidentally includes Psychology. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-stu...sychology-bsc/

So in terms of you picking the A Levels and wanting to go into a Social Science Degree, pick the one that interests you the most. If Psychology and Sociology both interest you, and you have a genuine interest for both, then by all means pick both. This then leaves us with your last 1 or 2 choices, which I assume will be Language, Business, Law or Physics.

Much the same as your first choice A Level, the other two are just as important when it comes to your interest in the subject, so just pick whatever you have a genuine interest in, as this will keep you motivated throughout the year to continue your studying. In regards to paths with Physics without Maths, I guess you would really have to do some extensive research to find a field in Physics that doesn't require maths. With my research, this comes down to String Theory and M Theory, but please don't quote me on that as I myself am not a Physicist.

I hope you find this information useful in choosing the right subject combination, and if I have provided any false information, please feel free to correct me as this not only helps me, but everyone else who visits this thread
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (20)
28.17%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (7)
9.86%
No I am happy with my choice (40)
56.34%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.63%

Watched Threads