Adrian2121
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone,

How can I check if the learning provider is fully legit and accredited?
I've just found this: https://www.unicourse.org/ and I'm not too sure. They are accredited by Edexcel and UKRLP but I'm not sure if that's enough?

I haven't found many reviews about them which worries me a little bit.

Is anyone able to tell me if UniCourse is legit or just another scam?

Thanks!
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Hi there

We might be able to offer some resources to help you to look into this further but just to double check are they a distance learning provider? If they are any distance learning provider which is accredited would appear on the Open and Distance Learning Quality Council page below:
https://www.odlqc.org.uk/accredited-providers

They don't seem to appear on this list so you can also search for other courses, which have been vetted by our team to ensure they are legitimate and accredited, by searching on our website below:
https://nationalcareersservice.direc...directory/home

You can also use this website to get more in depth advice from one of our friendly and expert advisers by going to the "Contact an adviser" link. They can listen to your plans and ideas and help you to come up with your next steps to move forward in your career.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Rosy
Matt199101
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yes I studied my HND electrical engineering with them. Im always curious at first too mate but if you find their edexcel centre number and call edexcel they confirm it for you
Tommyonetwo
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Matt199101)
Yes I studied my HND electrical engineering with them. Im always curious at first too mate but if you find their edexcel centre number and call edexcel they confirm it for you
Hi,I'm an electrician looking to do hnc/hnd electrical engineering through distance learning would you recommend unicourse as a provider? Thanks
paul_efc_1994
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tommyonetwo)
Hi,I'm an electrician looking to do hnc/hnd electrical engineering through distance learning would you recommend unicourse as a provider? Thanks
I did my HNC mechanical engineering with them and really enjoyed it. Allowed me to work at own pace and tutors are always available for calls or contact. Going to move straight onto my HND with them next month.
Jakub101
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I was considering doing the hnc mechanical engineering, I'm mostly interested in the cad cam aspect. Would you know which program they use such as autocad for the course?
gavalar2010
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hi Did you go with unicourse.org
Matt199101
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tommyonetwo)
Hi tommy, I’d recommend them, I have a full time job and don’t have time to go to college but have managed to do the course quicker than I thought, tutor is great out of hours 👍
mpop83
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Matt199101)
Hi tommy, I’d recommend them, I have a full time job and don’t have time to go to college but have managed to do the course quicker than I thought, tutor is great out of hours 👍
Hi did you finish your course with them? is the qualification you get same as a college? I'm looking to start a Hnc but i noticed that colleges are offering this as a 2 year course and fees are double usually compared to unicourse... I'm just wondering if it's ok or just too good to be true...thanks
Tauqir
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi has anyone did a hnc with unicourse
Curious_Coconut
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Any more stories to share? I’m thinking of doing my HND with them. If anyone has more reviews to share please do so. Thank you very much for reading
Curious_Coconut
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi, does anyone else have any reviews of this company they’d like to share? Considering doing my HND with them so if you have studied with them please let me know thank you
Y333EEE
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
As above, this is another option I'm looking at as opposed to a Degree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (28)
7.11%
October 2021 (179)
45.43%
November 2021 (42)
10.66%
December 2021 (53)
13.45%
January 2021 (43)
10.91%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (38)
9.64%