Demir
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I will be retaking english language GCSE in november how can i improve it by having a grade 4 and 5 .
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What exam board are you with? I can help you if you are with Edexcel.
thegg560
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
From what I can remember:
x Allocate time for specific questions. Don't go into the exam hall and hapharzadly randomize your time. Know beforehand that you will spend 15 minutes one the first question, 20 minutes on the second, (for example) and so on.
x Look at the specification and examiner's reports. The examiner's reports tell you what a student has done wrong, what they'd like to see. Make a physical note of them and stick them on your wall and implement these criticisms into your own writing. The specification will tell you all the AO's (A01, A02, A03, etc) and what question you need to implement them in for. For example, question 1 you will need to use A01 (language) and A02 (form) or something along those lines. Take note of that and stick them on your wall and implement that into your own writing.
x Practice at least 2 papers before you sit the exam.
x Why not attempt a paper on here by making a new thread, posting the question and your attempt. I wouldn't mind giving you some more specific pointers than just these broad ones.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
moved to english
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (195)
29.64%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (110)
16.72%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.81%
I want to meet current students (55)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (52)
7.9%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (129)
19.6%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.78%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.19%

Watched Threads