The Student Room Group

Bill Nye the Really High Pie - Year 10 GYG

-I apologise for the bad name. As you can probably tell, I am not creative at all. I literally googled 'words that rhyme with Nye' -

I think that it's safe to say that my last GYG wasn't actually a GYG, but more of a failed attempt at one.

This GYG will start properly once I go back to school.

Goals

Spoiler

Hobbies?

Spoiler

Subjects

Spoiler

The future

Spoiler

A-Levels

Spoiler

About me

Spoiler

What can you expect from this GYG?

Spoiler

Tag list

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

But hey, by creating this thread I got Questioner level 5 :tongue:
I hated English throughout my 5 years at secondary.

Don't even attempt to think about A-Levels yet. I had 4 in mind at the start of year 10 and am doing exactly 1 of those now going into my AS year.

Good luck! You sound a lot like myself...especially regarding hobbies. I think I'll enjoy following this.
Reply 3
If you're gonna tag people throughout this, tag me please! Will definitely follow sounds fun!
Original post by ab173
If you're gonna tag people throughout this, tag me please! Will definitely follow sounds fun!

Oh yeah, forgot about tagging people lmao Alright :tongue:.
Original post by ab173

Ooh yeah also tag me
Quoted the wrong post sorry
Original post by Lewianter
Quoted the wrong post sorry

xD :P sure
Tag me.
Original post by seriouslygcse
Tag me.

Okay... 3 people tagged now.

Guess I can't forget about this now :biggrin:
Haven't really done much, but I finished annotating one of the poems from the anthology (I hate you English Lit).

If I don't put it off (again) I will try and read a couple of chapters of Jekyll and Hyde. I was meant to read it over the holidays but have only read the first few pages (oops)

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Bill Nye
Haven't really done much, but I finished annotating one of the poems from the anthology (I hate you English Lit).

If I don't put it off (again) I will try and read a couple of chapters of Jekyll and Hyde. I was meant to read it over the holidays but have only read the first few pages (oops)

Spoiler

There is an app called 12 minutes has summaries to some things check it out maybe?
I didn't know you were so young:biggrin:
You seem very mature for your age (from the little i've seen of you), could've easily fooled anyone!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ab173
There is an app called 12 minutes has summaries to some things check it out maybe?

Yeah I'll have a look at it

Spoiler

Reply 14
Original post by Bill Nye
Yeah I'll have a look at it

Spoiler

Maybe google it then? lol
I’m reading Frankenstein. :smile:
I didn’t know this was a thing? :s-smilie: Tag me, Billy-boy.
Also, what’s with your schools allowing you guys to do further maths as a GCSE? I would love to have that available as an option for me.
Good luck!:biggrin:
Cyber security sounds cool:yep: (kinda makes me think of those stock images with a shady guy in a balaclava looking at a laptop in a dark room lmao)
English was my best subject at GCSE, so if you ever need any help (I did AQA), feel free to PM me:smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ItsTomii
Also, what’s with your schools allowing you guys to do further maths as a GCSE? I would love to have that available as an option for me.

I didn't know about it until a couple of weeks before the end of year 9 lmao - in my school only people in top set year 9/10 (well, 10/11 now) could do it.

And yeah I'll tag you :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest