Adam230301
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I’m a physician assistant and am wanting to become a doctor. I’m wondering about the quickest route I could take in becoming a doctor as it’s my dream Thanks in advance
arigziegler
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Going to medical school... Maybe the GEM route but I don't think there are any other shortcuts.
Adam230301
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How would I go from being a pa to an md as I am currently a pa and it’s my dream. I live in the uk not USA
Thanks in advance
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Adam230301)
How would I go from being a pa to an md as I am currently a pa and it’s my dream. I live in the uk not USA
Thanks in advance
I have merged your two threads into one. A (basic) medical doctor in this country is not an MD, but usually MBBS / MBChB. In the UK, an MD is a post-graduate doctorate that medical doctors / surgeons do during or after training.

If you wanted to do medicine in the UK (and then obtain the MBBS / MBChB) then you'll have to either check if your PA qualification (assuming that you obtained it overseas) is eligible for Graduate Entry Medicine as mentioned. It is a 4 year course but it is very intensive and competitive (more so than the usual 5 year undergraduate courses).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25.2%
No (92)
74.8%

Watched Threads