The Student Room Group

Mr bruff

Hi, just wondering whether any of you know if i could use mr buffs revision guides for english if I'm with edexel not aqa?
basically yes. Mr bruff is v good and whilst ur essays may have to look EVER so slightly different the opening beaches of analysis and points he makes will b valid if it’s the same book. I did a different one and got 9s but I only used his vids
Reply 2
Not until he learns to spell Brough.
Original post by Gracexrose
Hi, just wondering whether any of you know if i could use mr buffs revision guides for english if I'm with edexel not aqa?

Yes he says himself its good enough for all exam boards.

Just use common sense and realise the exam format might be slight different.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Yes he says himself its good enough for all exam boards.

Just use common sense and realise the exam format might be slight different.

Thankyou
Original post by Gracexrose
Thankyou

Just to be clear the questions are of a similar type but they may be in a different order in AQA than your board, so just recognise where they are. the technique will be the same.
@Gracexrose I'd advise you not to completely copy the ideas that Mr Bruff suggests but instead take inspiration from them and create your own, as most students writing the exam will come up with the same ideas that they all copied off Mr Bruff so the examiners wouldn't give them marks for originality. But if you add your own suggestions to it, i'm sure you'd get extra originality points from the examiners!

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest