Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
It was thank you :hugs:
Was on a train going to Glasgow to get there :ninja:
Posted from TSR Mobile
:giggle:

Virgin pendolino on the west coast mainline?
SarcAndSpark
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Lemur14 Sounds like you had a great open day experience! It's great that you like the course and it sounds like Lancaster has a lot on Campus, which is cool. I never felt that a campus uni was really for me, but I think if you like them, they can give you a great student experience.

So Lancaster is definitely on the list, and I'm guessing Oxford is too- is anywhere else a definite?

Warwick has a really cool campus too (in my opinion) so I think you'll like it if you do visit.
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Glad to hear you liked Lancaster. I'm probably going to make it my insurance as well depending on the circumstances. Could you add me to the Super Supporters list?
I'm not sure if it will be my insurance or not but it's definitely in consideration
Will do
(Original post by 04MR17)
Mate. I'm roasting down here.
Give me your heat... I'm cold in 2 jumpers this morning
(Original post by gcsemusicsucks)
Spoiler:
Show

erm okay I just posted and when I pressed submit it disappeared into the thin air

Food, Blackwell's and freebies - literally all you need to be honest :lol:

Glad to hear you enjoyed Lancaster! It's such a brilliant university and it's up north (come to the dark side ) - I'm always so surprised when I see the grade requirements, they're so much lower than you'd expect for a university with such great reputation! If it weren't for the heavy stats I would have definitely applied because close to no mechanics - yes please!! :lol:
Spoiler:
Show
Oh dear :console:

Basically yeah :lol:
Yeah the entrance requirements are really surprising for such a good uni :eek: Heavy stats is good for me so :woo:
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Can you tag me too?
Will do :awesome:
(Original post by bookloverlolly)
I haven’t really considered Lancaster as it’s not a Russell Group uni (the title is kind of important for scientific research) and I have a uni with similar entry requirements already (Southampton) but it seems really nice (especially the accommodation)

Also, please add me to the tag list
Ahh, right. I'm not so bothered by RG as I don't want to go into research so I can ignore it given it's ranking. Southampton has similar entrance requirements for me too (I think 1 grade higher?) but it's obviously the opposite side of the country so a bit of a difference :lol:
Will do
(Original post by Labrador99)
:giggle:

Virgin pendolino on the west coast mainline?
:yep: And 2 hours back to Euston as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Lemur14 Sounds like you had a great open day experience! It's great that you like the course and it sounds like Lancaster has a lot on Campus, which is cool. I never felt that a campus uni was really for me, but I think if you like them, they can give you a great student experience.

So Lancaster is definitely on the list, and I'm guessing Oxford is too- is anywhere else a definite?

Warwick has a really cool campus too (in my opinion) so I think you'll like it if you do visit.
I wasn't convinced by a campus uni before but I thought I should see one and obviously it was worth it
Oxford is actually pending my predicted grades... I suspect my further maths teacher won't want to predict me an A* which is basically necessary so it will depend how flexible she's gonna be.
Durham is definite but I haven't decided for certain the others
My friends really liked Warwick as well so I would really like to see it, it's just confirming I can make it as I don't know what's happening that weekend yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DeepInTheMeadow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I think (in my limited experience) that generally maths looks more familiar, the concepts themselves are simpler but the questions are more likely to just be weird. Whereas further maths the concepts are (obviously) harder but the questions are likely to be more straightforward (although you're probably less likely to work out what on earth it's going on about or maybe that's just me)

Posted from TSR Mobile
That makes sense Hopefully, the actual questions are straightforward, unlike in my Maths exams last year! ARRGH wish me luck!
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by DeepInTheMeadow)
That makes sense Hopefully, the actual questions are straightforward, unlike in my Maths exams last year! ARRGH wish me luck!
Really not looking forward to my mocks then I think in our AS the questions were mostly okay, I just had no clue at times how to use what I knew and was fine at in lessons :facepalm:
DeepInTheMeadow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Really not looking forward to my mocks then I think in our AS the questions were mostly okay, I just had no clue at times how to use what I knew and was fine at in lessons :facepalm:
I'm so sorry! haha I'm sure you'll do well, it was just a shock to us because we'd never seen those kinds of questions before. My advice is just to do as many practice questions from different sources e.g. different exam boards and everything, instead of just relying on knowing how to do a question, without knowing why. Also, I'm sure your mocks will help prepare you well for the real thing!

:facepalm:yep, I know what you mean! I guess we just have to keep pushing through until it all makes sense.
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by DeepInTheMeadow)
I'm so sorry! haha I'm sure you'll do well, it was just a shock to us because we'd never seen those kinds of questions before. My advice is just to do as many practice questions from different sources e.g. different exam boards and everything, instead of just relying on knowing how to do a question, without knowing why. Also, I'm sure your mocks will help prepare you well for the real thing!

:facepalm:yep, I know what you mean! I guess we just have to keep pushing through until it all makes sense.
I mean my mocks are the week after we're performing so that's pretty much a recipe for disaster anyway :laugh: I thought I knew why we did stuff, then there were some weird ones I'm just not gonna think about
That would be never then...stupid vectors will never make sense and I'm not sure polar coordinates will either
SarcAndSpark
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I wasn't convinced by a campus uni before but I thought I should see one and obviously it was worth it
Oxford is actually pending my predicted grades... I suspect my further maths teacher won't want to predict me an A* which is basically necessary so it will depend how flexible she's gonna be.
Durham is definite but I haven't decided for certain the others
My friends really liked Warwick as well so I would really like to see it, it's just confirming I can make it as I don't know what's happening that weekend yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah I see- Hopefully you do get the predicted A*! I went to Warwick for one of my PGCE interviews and I did really like it (although it's not a pretty campus!). I did really like it there, and if I hadn't got my offer from Bristol, that's probably where I would have gone!
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Ah I see- Hopefully you do get the predicted A*! I went to Warwick for one of my PGCE interviews and I did really like it (although it's not a pretty campus!). I did really like it there, and if I hadn't got my offer from Bristol, that's probably where I would have gone!
I hope so too, thank you! My reference from her is really great (despite her being very discouraging about Oxford last year) so I'm hopeful
That's good to hear! As long as it's less hilly than Bristol :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
SarcAndSpark
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I hope so too, thank you! My reference from her is really great (despite her being very discouraging about Oxford last year) so I'm hopeful
That's good to hear! As long as it's less hilly than Bristol :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Warwick is definitely flatter than Bristol- Although I don't think Bristol is that hilly!
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Warwick is definitely flatter than Bristol- Although I don't think Bristol is that hilly!
It felt hilly when we were running up the hill :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
SarcAndSpark
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It felt hilly when we were running up the hill :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbf the main part of the uni is on a bit of a hill- the School of Education building is downhill from the campus though!

And compared to where I live at the moment, it's not that hilly
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Tbf the main part of the uni is on a bit of a hill- the School of Education building is downhill from the campus though!

And compared to where I live at the moment, it's not that hilly
Well that's probably the bit I was going up and down then :laugh: Downhill is good... Just not the uphill back again

Ahh right, it's quite flat here so pretty much anything comes under hilly tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
SarcAndSpark
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Well that's probably the bit I was going up and down then :laugh: Downhill is good... Just not the uphill back again

Ahh right, it's quite flat here so pretty much anything comes under hilly tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lots of people do say Bristol is hilly- but Warwick is definitely flat by all standards
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Lots of people do say Bristol is hilly- but Warwick is definitely flat by all standards
Okay :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Historical Muse
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey Lemur!
Thanks for tagging me, I'd like to follow this thread too! My thread for year 12 didn't go to plan, everything got a bit chaotic, but I'm going to begin one for this year.
Good luck for year 13 and the uni process!
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by Historical Muse)
Hey Lemur!
Thanks for tagging me, I'd like to follow this thread too! My thread for year 12 didn't go to plan, everything got a bit chaotic, but I'm going to begin one for this year.
Good luck for year 13 and the uni process!
Awesome, will tag you again then
Life has a tendency to get chaotic doesn't it? Hope it all went okay regardless :hugs:
I'm not on any quote lists this year but feel free to tag me in once so I can find the thread
Thank you, and you!
Posted from TSR Mobile
citrus.tea
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Good luck with year 13! Just followed your thread
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by citrus.tea)
Good luck with year 13! Just followed your thread
Thank you :adore:

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (82)
16.17%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (53)
10.45%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (92)
18.15%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (75)
14.79%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (53)
10.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (152)
29.98%

Watched Threads