Is having an armpit lump dangerous?

Watch
ritchie2988
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m feeling pain in my armpit for a while now. At first I thought it’s just because I have been using an anti-per spirant deodorant but as days go by, it become more painful even if I stopped using it. A foreign friend told me I should see a doctor because most probably, this is a benign cyst. I’m afraid he’s right. I will be seeing a doctor tomorrow but fear is clouding me. Is this something I should be alarmed of?
Caledonite
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had a painful lump on my armpit before and it was just a swollen lymph node because I had an infection. It went away by itself in about 2 weeks.
Claire461
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ritchie2988)
I’m feeling pain in my armpit for a while now. At first I thought it’s just because I have been using an anti-per spirant deodorant but as days go by, it become more painful even if I stopped using it. A foreign friend told me I should see a doctor because most probably, this is a benign cyst. I’m afraid he’s right. I will be seeing a doctor tomorrow but fear is clouding me. Is this something I should be alarmed of?
You shouldn’t really ask here as a solution. A lump can mean anything. Had one in my armpit about a month ago. Had a mammogram and it was just a result of some new medication was on. Medication stopped and the lump went away.
you need to make an appointment and get it checked out to put your mind at rest.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can you actually feel a lump or is it just pain? I agree with the poster above about the lymph node. Mine swell when I have things like chest infections etc.

If it has been there for a while though, it's always worth getting it checked out, as it can be a sign of breast cancer (yes, even in men!)

Of course, there are lots of things that are more likely than that outcome, but it's still best to be safe.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ritchie2988)
There are a lot of potential reasons for pain in your armpit and most of them are nothing to worry about. Just go see your doctor and try not to think about it until then.
One of the mostikely causes is a benign cyst and those are nothing to worry about. They are just a little lump. Kinda like a spot that's on the inside instead of the outside. They often go away by themselves too.
Another potential cause is a swollen lymph node which again is no issue and usually just goes away by itself.

Your doctor can take a look, confirm its no big deal, maybe give you a little advice and you'll be on your way. Simple.
MezmorisedPotato
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Definitely wait on what the doctor says, there’s a multitude of causes and most of the time, it isn’t serious and have benign causes.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had one earlier this year. It was nothing to worry about. However, because it was impacting on me being to use my arm without pain, it was removed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads