Confused about Btec extended diplomas and normal diplomas Watch

alexa22a
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I’m currently doing btec certificate and a subsidiary certificate for applied science next year along with level 3 maths (core maths) and A-level psychology. I’m slightly confused and Idk if i will get into universities such as surrey because if I were to do Biomed it says I need a level 3 EXTENDED national diploma but I only have a diploma and a subsidiary diploma in applied science. (and the others) So idk if i will be qualified to enter or am I only eligible for points based universities?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by alexa22a)
So I’m currently doing btec certificate and a subsidiary certificate for applied science next year along with level 3 maths (core maths) and A-level psychology. I’m slightly confused and Idk if i will get into universities such as surrey because if I were to do Biomed it says I need a level 3 EXTENDED national diploma but I only have a diploma and a subsidiary diploma in applied science. (and the others) So idk if i will be qualified to enter or am I only eligible for points based universities?
You should contact universities directly. I think you're doing the equivalent of 3 A-levels, so you should be able to get a university place. However, a lot of universities don't list their entry requirements for students doing a mix of qualifications.

That doesn't mean they won't make you an offer- it just means that they aren't necessarily going to list all the possible combinations of subjects people might have on their website.

If you send the uni an email, I'm sure they will be able to advise.
usuleman
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Btec subsidiary diploma is only one year, whereas Btec extended diploma is three years and covers much more content. Its equivalent to 3 A levels while Btec subsidiary diploma is equivalent to one a level only. Thats why they only accept the Btec extended diploma. If i were you, I would do the Btec extended diploma and core maths alongside it because you'll have much more opportunities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?