acliff68
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'd like to sit this exam in November, as a prelude to an A-level, then a second degree
I sat GCE maths in 1986 getting an A grade, then did a long lost A-level for Biologists called Physics-with-Maths, also getting an A. But that's all ancient history and I'm now very rusty.
What is the best textbook do you think? I like to understand rather than just learn to answer correctly.
Many thanks
London090
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm just gonna bump up the thread for you🙂

Hope this helps!
username4011692
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I found cgp textbooks helpful with most subjects, and should help you for your maths.
username4011692
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by criggles)
I found cgp textbooks helpful with most subjects, and should help you for your maths.
Also, all maths is the same, and so unlike subjects such as English, or Biology where there are large differences in what the exam board means for the exam content, all maths exams will have the same maths (just different questions), so don't feel obliged to stay with just Edexcel textbooks, as others can, and will, help.
JackFitz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The Pearson textbook is in my opinion the best and it's made by the people who own Edexcel. My school also use the Oxford one which is also pretty good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-GCS..._1535871245646

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/019...=UTF8&qid=&sr=
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.82%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (908)
42.83%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (402)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.39%

Watched Threads