Website says I have used all existing applications... help?

Watch
Shaun-90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Between 2014-2017 I student for an undergraduate degree for which I received 3 years funding from student finance. In 2017-2018 I studied for a masters and again I got money from student finance. I want to study PGCE Further Education & Training in 2019-2020 for 1 year. I enquired with the university as to whether or not I would be eligible for a 4th year of undergrad funding and they said because it is a PGCE I should. But playing online with the student finance application online it says I have used up all existing applications for available academic years. I'm confused and need some guidance
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Shaun-90)
Between 2014-2017 I student for an undergraduate degree for which I received 3 years funding from student finance. In 2017-2018 I studied for a masters and again I got money from student finance. I want to study PGCE Further Education & Training in 2019-2020 for 1 year. I enquired with the university as to whether or not I would be eligible for a 4th year of undergrad funding and they said because it is a PGCE I should. But playing online with the student finance application online it says I have used up all existing applications for available academic years. I'm confused and need some guidance
That message comes up because you have funding for the academic year (ie 2017/18 or 2018/19) you’re trying to apply for - it doesn’t relate to how many times you have applied in the past. They won’t grant you funding for two courses in a single academic year.

For 2019/20 you won’t have any other applications so will be find to apply for pgce funding when it’s available in April.
Shaun-90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
That message comes up because you have funding for the academic year (ie 2017/18 or 2018/19) you’re trying to apply for - it doesn’t relate to how many times you have applied in the past. They won’t grant you funding for two courses in a single academic year.

For 2019/20 you won’t have any other applications so will be find to apply for pgce funding when it’s available in April.
Ohh I see! Thats a relief, thanks a lot for the reply
Duncan SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Shaun-90)
Hi,

I can confirm the information above is correct.

Thanks, Duncan.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (147)
62.29%
I don't have everything I need (89)
37.71%

Watched Threads