_solitary_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Im starting 6 form in September and i am doing Btec heath and social care level 3 i was wondering when we do our exams in January or may ?and when we get our results back because im so confused ive never done btec before so i have no idea what its like.

I know these are dumb questions but im new to this i originally intended on doing A-levels but changed last minute.Reason being is because i realised that i could enter the degree i wanted without doing A-levels and i also have coursework to back me if i flop the exam.Oh yeh my friends also told me that Btec you get more UCAS points than if you were to do A-levels,is this true??

Also if anyone has done heath and social care please let me know how it is

Thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by _solitary_)
Im starting 6 form in September and i am doing Btec heath and social care level 3 i was wondering when we do our exams in January or may ?and when we get our results back because im so confused ive never done btec before so i have no idea what its like.

I know these are dumb questions but im new to this i originally intended on doing A-levels but changed last minute.Reason being is because i realised that i could enter the degree i wanted without doing A-levels and i also have coursework to back me if i flop the exam.Oh yeh my friends also told me that Btec you get more UCAS points than if you were to do A-levels,is this true??

Also if anyone has done heath and social care please let me know how it is

Thanks

This is the specification.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...SC_L3_Iss4.pdf

Extended diploma consists of 18 units. (9 in year 1 and 9 in year 2) nearly all of them are coursework. there is meant to be one exam but I dont know which unit and that should be at the end of the year.

You can see the units on p9 and read your way through the spec.

You do not get more UCAS points. An extended diploma after two years has the same chance of getting the same points as 3 A levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads