What can I take for lunch in my new job when I don’t like salad or sandwiches

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Such a stupid question I know😂 but I am such a picky eater and HATE the thought of packed lunches , any ideas ??😂
SanityGone
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What do you eat for lunch at home? Is there a canteen at work or any shops or cafes nearby?

What about dips and vegetables or cold chicken? Crackers and cheese? Wraps? Pasta or couscous?
umbrella321
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
if you are a 'picky eater', you know, better than strangers, what foods you like to 'pick'...or did you just want a list of all possible foods on the planet?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you like pasties, sausage rolls or cakes.
PilboBaggins
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Such a stupid question I know😂 but I am such a picky eater and HATE the thought of packed lunches , any ideas ??😂
Do you like wraps? Maybe you could make some of those up with some different fillings

Pasta is super easy to bulk-make too so you have enough for the week, and you can make lots of different varieties so you don't get bored.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why not make extra for dinner and have the leftovers for lunch?
SanityGone
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is there a microwave at work?
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Fry up sausages and wrap in tin foil.
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Microwave snacks... pot noodle, soup in a cup. Most places have access to microwave and kettle.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What do you have available to you at work? Is there a microwave? If so, you could make any hot meal and take it with you to heat up.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to food and drink.

If there is a microwave at your workplace you can make pretty much anything, shove it in a tupperware and heat it up on your break. Making some extra dinner so you have leftovers or making bulk lunches to put in the fridge/ freezer works well if you don't want to be making lunches every day.
You could make chilli, pasta bake, stir fry, soup, kebabs, burgers, you name it. Make a bunch in advance, portion it out into tubs and leave them in the fridge or freezer. Take one out each day to bring to work and heat in the microwave. You could even take fish fingers and chips.

Have a look on some sites like pinterest or youtube for "bulk lunch" or "work lunch" etc. That should give you some inspiration.
Writer_Refresh
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sushi, pasta, rice in those little containers that keep your food warm., pizza, etc.

Lunch was never restricted to a basic sandwich and salad
username4169146
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
samosas, humus and pitta bread, kebabs skewers, satay chicken, sausage roll, chicken or steak pie, quiche, sushi. None of this needs to be heated up and can all be bought from sainsburys, tescos etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads