Timoteo194
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to do law at university but Would I be limited to only do sport related courses at university if I was to just take a level 3 extended diploma in sport before going to university?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Timoteo194)
I want to do law at university but Would I be limited to only do sport related courses at university if I was to just take a level 3 extended diploma in sport before going to university?
It's unlikely you would be able to study law with a Btec extended diploma in sports- you should look for something more closely related to the subject you want to study at university.
Timoteo194
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
It's unlikely you would be able to study law with a Btec extended diploma in sports- you should look for something more closely related to the subject you want to study at university.
Would I be limited to only sport related course because I think some universities accept level 3 extended diploma to take criminology?
Timoteo194
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Would I be limited to only sport related course because I think some universities accept level 3 extended diploma to take criminology but on their websites it says the extended diploma has be in a relevant subject what does dat exactly mean?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Would I be limited to only sport related course because I think some universities accept level 3 extended diploma to take criminology but on their websites it says the extended diploma has be in a relevant subject what does dat exactly mean?
I can't speak exactly for a university, but related will usually mean a science subject for a science degree, a humanities subject for a humanities degree and so on.

You could email the universities and ask.

Do be aware that getting into uni is a competitive process, so even if they will accept a particular subject, they may prefer others.

Criminology is also a very different degree to law.
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Relevant BTECs for Law or Criminology would likely be; BTEC Applied Law, BTEC Public Services, BTEC Forensic Science, BTEC Business (Law pathway) or BTEC Criminology.
Timoteo194
Rep:
?
(Original post by yt7777)
Relevant BTECs for Law or Criminology would likely be; BTEC Applied Law, BTEC Public Services, BTEC Forensic Science, BTEC Business (Law pathway) or BTEC Criminology.
Would doing a work experience related to law and adding that to my UCAS application from help ??
Also does that mean I’m only limited to only do sport at uni then?
naturalproducts
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just a general link:

https://university.which.co.uk/advic...d-to-study-law

Look at university entry requirements for Law, and usually preferred subject choices will appear for some.

Maths / English / History have all seemed popular with many people I knew who studied Law.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (177)
44.36%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
10.78%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.02%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (85)
21.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (39)
9.77%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.76%

Watched Threads