The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lollypenguin
Is anyone else having a problem applying for 2019 as a direct school leaver (as in you're gonna do your a levels in june) and its saying you need to do gamsat??

Non-direct school leavers
The entry requirements set out in this section apply to you if your current suite of qualifications do not meet those published above in the Direct School Leaving section or more than five years has lapsed since achieving them.

Would seem something is wrong, so check with their admissions and they can id whether the fault is their end or UCAS.
Reply 2
What do you mean? UCAS doesnt open until 5th Sept.
Reply 3
Thread open for anyone that is interested in applying for Plymouth Medical School for 2019 entry.

Loads of changes this year, lets all help each other!
Hello , applying for Plymouth !
Reply 5
Hey, I deferred my entry last year so have an unconditional for Plymouth med now!
Can someone please tell me how they select applicants? They do not rank on UKCAT I was told from an email and so I am unsure about this.
Thanks in advance
I'm applying to Plymouth!
Hey guys I'm applying to plymouth - I got AAB this year so have to resit chem and achieved 753 UKCAT Band 1 and 9A*s 1A
Who else is thinking of applying here?
Hey guys, I have a question about Plymouth - it says the cutoff is 2330 for the 2018 UKCAT. Are the dashed lines under each section supposed to mean something? or is it saying that the overall score is what they look at.

I got a 2500 UKCAT band 3, but 510 for my VR. I'm applying as an international student though for some reason it says I don't even need to sit the UKCAT as an international student. Anyone knows why this is?
Original post by ukprospective
Hey guys, I have a question about Plymouth - it says the cutoff is 2330 for the 2018 UKCAT. Are the dashed lines under each section supposed to mean something? or is it saying that the overall score is what they look at.

I got a 2500 UKCAT band 3, but 510 for my VR. I'm applying as an international student though for some reason it says I don't even need to sit the UKCAT as an international student. Anyone knows why this is?

1) The dashed lines for each section mean that they are doing UKCAT cut off for overall score only and no longer do cut off scores for total score and each section individually.
2) I believe for international students they just look at your qualifications e.g. GCSEs, A level or equivalent qualifications.
If you want more information on the admissions requirements for international students you could email the med school admissions team.
I've applied to Plymouth for medicine, I got a UKCAT of 2370 (592.5 average), at GCSE I have 6A* 6A and I have achieved A-Levels of AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Maths. on their website it says the UKCAT cut off is 2330, what do you think of my chances of an interview?
Hey guys have you had any clarification as to how Plymouth assesses all applications for interview? Is 2330 really their cutoff? It just seems very low and its weird how theyve already posted the cutoff without assessing the calibre of those applying
Hey have you had any clarification about this? Idk if getting 2330+ gets you an interview cause thats what theyve posted up on their website. Im considering plymouth too
International student applied to Plymouth.

Kindly suggest the dates when Plymouth normally call for interview?
Original post by swadesh69
International student applied to Plymouth.

Kindly suggest the dates when Plymouth normally call for interview?

They do interviews in the beginning of December and January.
I think international students are generally called for interview in January.
Original post by Gregor99
They do interviews in the beginning of December and January.
I think international students are generally called for interview in January.

Thanks.
Does anyone know how Plymouth weighs each component (UKCAT, GCSEs, PS etc.). Also I noticed how they give out a variety of offers - from AAB to A*AA...I'm sure most people are expected to achieve AAA, but why are some expected to achieve an A*?

Could they potentially expect resitters to achieve an A*, as compared to others?
Original post by CocoaIzzy

Could they potentially expect resitters to achieve an A*, as compared to others?

Yeah thats the only reason I can think of.
Original post by michaela0899
Hey guys have you had any clarification as to how Plymouth assesses all applications for interview? Is 2330 really their cutoff? It just seems very low and its weird how theyve already posted the cutoff without assessing the calibre of those applying

2330 is definitely it. Its low because the UKCAT was hard this year and the deciles have already came out. The cut off last year was 2600.

Latest