This discussion is closed.
1234mt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
GCSES: 9A*’s and 1A in English language
AS Level: AAAA (psychology, maths, biology, chemistry)
A Level (obtained): A*A*A (biology, chemistry and maths respectively)

UKCAT:
VR: 590
DM: 750
QR: 710
AR: 710
Overall: 2760
Average: 690
SJT: Band 1

Work experience:
Shadowed paediatric cardiologists
Shadowed GP
Volunteer at hospital in dementia/geriatric ward
Volunteer at care home
Work as housekeeper at hospital

I will be doing the BMAT in October as I want to apply to Leeds. My choices would be Sheffield, HYMS, Leeds and either Nottingham or Birmingham. Would these be okay or is my UKCAT not good enough for Sheffield or Nottingham?

Thanks!
Crazy26
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They all sound good to me! However you may want to think about Birmingham more carefully. They normally invite those with a ukcat score in the top 30% for interview. But obviously the deciles haven’t been released yet. They also have an offer calculator tool where you can enter your stats which is quite helpful too! But Sheffield, HYMS and Nottingham sound alright!!
1234mt
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eeman26)
They all sound good to me! However you may want to think about Birmingham more carefully. They normally invite those with a ukcat score in the top 30% for interview. But obviously the deciles haven’t been released yet. They also have an offer calculator tool where you can enter your stats which is quite helpful too! But Sheffield, HYMS and Nottingham sound alright!!
Out of them all, Birmingham would be the one I’d least likely to go to so I’m fine with that! Thanks for your reply!
Crazy26
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 1234mt)
Out of them all, Birmingham would be the one I’d least likely to go to so I’m fine with that! Thanks for your reply!
No problem! I think you’re good to apply to all the others. I’m thinking of applying to HYMS too
1234mt
Rep:
?
No problem! I think you’re good to apply to all the others. I’m thinking of applying to HYMS too
Sheffield would be my first choice but I know that they compare UKCAT scores to determine who gets an interview, which is why I was concerned. HYMS looks so nice too! Good luck. I hope it all works out for you!
Crazy26
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sheffield would be my first choice but I know that they compare UKCAT scores to determine who gets an interview, which is why I was concerned. HYMS looks so nice too! Good luck. I hope it all works out for you!
Thank you! HYMS would be my first choice as I love the place. Good luck to you too! It’s so stressful, starting my personal statement now! 😅
1234mt
Rep:
?
Thank you! HYMS would be my first choice as I love the place. Good luck to you too! It’s so stressful, starting my personal statement now! 😅
There’s so much you have to do, isn’t there?😂 that was one of my reasons for taking a gap year. I don’t think I could have done well in my A-Levels with everything else you have to do!
Crazy26
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There’s so much you have to do, isn’t there?😂 that was one of my reasons for taking a gap year. I don’t think I could have done well in my A-Levels with everything else you have to do!
There literally is! Oh right, how has a gap year been?😅
1234mt
Rep:
?
There literally is! Oh right, how has a gap year been?😅
Just finished college this year so haven’t had chance to enjoy it yet😂 but I’m already eager to get going with medical school (if I get in)!
Crazy26
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just finished college this year so haven’t had chance to enjoy it yet😂 but I’m already eager to get going with medical school (if I get in)!
Oh I see! And I’m sure you will
Medic.213
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
682.5 and band 1
GCSEs - 9A* and 2A
AS - AAAB
A level predicted - A*AA ( Chem, bio and geography)

Are my stats good enough for Kings, Cardiff, Liverpool, Nottingham ?? Alsoconsidering Birmingham and Barts maybe. worried about UKCAT tho. I'd love to go to Edinburgh but my ukcat is too low I think

!!!!ALSO can anyone please answer this question:!!!!
If im predicted A*AA and apply to AAA universities will they offer me A*AA or AAA coz wondering if its better to apply with AAA predictions to all AAA universities. Really worried that if I have A*AA predictions and apply to like Cardiff which is AAA, they will offer me place on A*AA coz of my predicitons despite AAA is their standard offer on website etc.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Katie.12)
682.5 and band 1
GCSEs - 9A* and 2A
AS - AAAB
A level predicted - A*AA ( Chem, bio and geography)

Are my stats good enough for Kings, Cardiff, Liverpool, Nottingham ?? Alsoconsidering Birmingham and Barts maybe. worried about UKCAT tho. I'd love to go to Edinburgh but my ukcat is too low I think

!!!!ALSO can anyone please answer this question:!!!!
If im predicted A*AA and apply to AAA universities will they offer me A*AA or AAA coz wondering if its better to apply with AAA predictions to all AAA universities. Really worried that if I have A*AA predictions and apply to like Cardiff which is AAA, they will offer me place on A*AA coz of my predicitons despite AAA is their standard offer on website etc.
Please post to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1043586 and for future reference avoid hijacking someone else's thread to ask your own question.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (158)
59.18%
No I haven't decided yet (63)
23.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.23%

Watched Threads