gwxpl
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I am starting A levels next week and wondered if anyone has any tips and dos-and-don'ts for starting year 12. How many hours of study should I be doing each week outside of school and any ways people recommend revising- just looking for recommendations on how to get off on a flying start to A levels.
Cheers mon amis
lowza
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I recommend doing about 20/30 minutes per night per subject in general. At the end of the day, condense your notes about what you have learnt that lesson so you've already started making some form of revision - it will help to keep things organised too. I recommend doing a general recap every Friday too, just so you keep on top of what you have already learnt before you start new material. Try and get all homework done in frees so that you can do your own revision at home.

This is basically everything I wish I had done lmao.
student6161
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Definitely recommend making good use of your time from the beginning. It’s very easy to start your courses and be lazy because you haven’t learnt much yet so you think don’t need to revise yet. It makes it so much easier in the long run if you fully understand the topics as you go through them, otherwise you get to the end of y13 and have a big list of topics that you need to go back and relearn.

It’s so much easier to do smaller amounts of revision throughout the year than have to do massive amounts in the few weeks before exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?