Modeling Job Scam Watch

Mermaidhq
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share my experience with this agency I went for a test shoot with.

I received an email last week or so asking if I wanted to come in for a test shoot.
The email was from [email protected], I booked the session with them in their studio in Bethnal Green.

I was told that my shoot was goign to be paid this is the exact email I received:

'Hi,
We are pleased to hear you can attend the photo shoot / assessment.
As mentioned it will allow us to see how you in front of the camera.
The shoot is paid for which includes make up artist if required and photographers time.
To book the shoot please call the London booking line on 0203 916 5948.
Once booked our team will send you confirmation on where to go, what to bring and what exactly to expect.''

As you can imagine I was surprise to be paid for just a test shoot, so I went.

As I arrive in the studio situated on Studio Details
Name: Number 469 Studio
Address: 469 Bethnal Green Road, London E2 9QH . The studio looks like they just have been set up, with one exhausted makeup artist, 3 different ''rooms' separated by fake non permanent walls, the studios windows were covered and so was the door. No sign of belonging to the agency they clearly rented this space for this Scam purpose. Or are nothing to do with the studio.

After waiting for 3hours! I was told to go to the makeup artist, she did absolutely nothing on my face a part from putting lip palm on my dry lips and brush my hair, she applied a tiny bit of mascara and a touch of powder, I basically looked exactly the same. There was a huge groupe of parents and children assisting the shoot to. It was really one after the other, on a chain basis. So unorganised.

The photographer was really nice, I get 3 outfit choices and get told to sit and wait for my consultant.

The consultant, spoke so fast it sounded like a pre made speech they tell everyone, he scrolled through my photo and I wasn't even able to see them. He then show me another modelling agency page, that I never heard off and what looks like someone else work. I was told I was accepted for a 12 months contract on a non exclusive therm, they will pitch my photos to other agencies (WAIT I THOUGHT YOU WERE AN AGENCY?) and of course I will have to buy the copyright of my photos for the sum minimum of £350!

My eyes blew off my face, wait a second I though I was paid for this shoot, I thought you were an agency and I what the hell is this A4 one piece of paper that you call a contract?

I told him I couldn't afford it and he just asked me for a £50 deposit for photos I didn't like and couldn't see going anywhere....

The funniest thing is that when I receive my invoice there is another name of company on it this time the Invoice is on youniquelook.com / younique look photography limited, in tiny letters: we are NOT a modelling agency.

I obviously left as soon as I heard this and didn't sign anything.

There was older persons, kids and family and Youngs girls in the studio with me and I though to myself what an horrible bunch of idiots to be scamming those poor people!

DO NOT GO THERE!
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mermaidhq)
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share my experience with this agency I went for a test shoot with.

I received an email last week or so asking if I wanted to come in for a test shoot.
The email was from [email protected], I booked the session with them in their studio in Bethnal Green.

I was told that my shoot was goign to be paid this is the exact email I received:

'Hi,
We are pleased to hear you can attend the photo shoot / assessment.
The shoot is paid for which includes make up artist if required and photographers time.
Once booked our team will send you confirmation on where to go, what to bring and what exactly to expect.''

As you can imagine I was surprise to be paid for just a test shoot, so I went.

As I arrive in the studio situated on Studio Details
Name: Number 469 Studio
Address: 469 Bethnal Green Road, London E2 9QH . The studio looks like they just have been set up, with one exhausted makeup artist, 3 different ''rooms' separated by fake non permanent walls, the studios windows were covered and so was the door. No sign of belonging to the agency they clearly rented this space for this Scam purpose. Or are nothing to do with the studio.

After waiting for 3hours! I was told to go to the makeup artist, she did absolutely nothing on my face a part from putting lip palm on my dry lips and brush my hair, she applied a tiny bit of mascara and a touch of powder, I basically looked exactly the same. There was a huge groupe of parents and children assisting the shoot to. It was really one after the other, on a chain basis. So unorganised.

The photographer was really nice, I get 3 outfit choices and get told to sit and wait for my consultant.

The consultant, spoke so fast it sounded like a pre made speech they tell everyone, he scrolled through my photo and I wasn't even able to see them. He then show me another modelling agency page, that I never heard off and what looks like someone else work. I was told I was accepted for a 12 months contract on a non exclusive therm, they will pitch my photos to other agencies (WAIT I THOUGHT YOU WERE AN AGENCY?) and of course I will have to buy the copyright of my photos for the sum minimum of £350!

My eyes blew off my face, wait a second I though I was paid for this shoot, I thought you were an agency and I what the hell is this A4 one piece of paper that you call a contract?

I told him I couldn't afford it and he just asked me for a £50 deposit for photos I didn't like and couldn't see going anywhere....

The funniest thing is that when I receive my invoice there is another name of company on it this time the Invoice is on youniquelook.com / younique look photography limited, in tiny letters: we are NOT a modelling agency.

I obviously left as soon as I heard this and didn't sign anything.

There was older persons, kids and family and Youngs girls in the studio with me and I though to myself what an horrible bunch of idiots to be scamming those poor people!

DO NOT GO THERE!
I hope you didn't pay that 'deposit'. And yeah, typical. Like I always say, no legitimate modelling agency will ever ask you for money.
Roxaaane65
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks god , I didn’t gove all of the deposite only 20pounds because I forgot my card at home this morning. I did the shoot this morning , and I don’t know I thought why not do research on the agency before paying the entire sum which is still quite important .. and here I come across that. Well, I would have lost 20 pounds today but I would have saved 330! thank you for the post!
Elisabethaouandi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Omg you are my saviour!!! I applied for that thing yesterday and found it fishy when they said that the photoshoot is paid including the make up (IF NEEDED??!?) and the photographer! I even returned them a message, to ask who exactly is gonna pay for this! Because I was surprised they would do all of this when I should be the one having a portfolio! They saidd it’s on them !! And then I accidentally type the booking number and find this post!!! God is good !! Thank you the magy of internet 😂
eez
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow another modelling scam youd never know these existed its not like there 10000 other threads "exposing" the same places. Cant anyone do ****ing research before i throw money at these places?
Studystix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Once I saw the word 'younique' this scam made so much sense
maciejka1992
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just have been cheated today in the same way so I suspect but in Leeds...same e-mail address..I never heard about scammers before...no professional experience before just tfp more artsy photo sessions...applying there been very spontaneous. I called them and had appointment on the next day. After session on my feedback ,they're really played at my emotions, they're showed me my photos and how good these are ,told me how great face and fashion model I may become that i'm 26 and there's not time left. So I have paid 400 pounds for photos on disc and my email portfolio website as well..after I spend an hour there to think about it..he's was a master of Acting if that s all was just a lie.. its been very hard for me to pay that 400pound I told him my situation that I'm a student and also single mum I was worried about my time as well...He told me I can take my little one with me on most of session..I'll be invited on interview in London and they will pay for transport and accommodation.I supposed to get phonecall from them in 48h..how stupid I was..so trustful and naive.. I also received lots of emails from them but something is not right..there is not bookings management agency in London just Bookings I though that s same but they're leaved scam information on original Bookings website. That s why I started searching. I should find it out before...something was not right from start...everything goes to quick to emotional. office and studio wasn't impressive either ..anyone knows what to do ? can I report it somewhere any chance to get my money back ?
nataliasx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you SO much for posting this as i’ve gotten the EXACT same email and i was wondering whether i should call them up for a shoot. But yeah, now i won’t😂
Y Studio
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There was no upfront charges and your session was FREE, at the end of your session if you wish to purchase images for portfolio and personal use you would need to purchase copyright to the images, however under no obligation to do so. Confirmation e-mail you were sent clearly states this. Your invoice says our name on it because you purchased copyright from us and the third party used our services for you. I guess you have to be clever to understand that and from your comments and malicious review you seem to be far from it. 'Shoot is paid for' in your confirmation means the test shoot, makeup artist and photographer is paid for so you are not being charged for. Clearly your understanding of the English language is poor.You were booked in via a third party and in relation to third party bookings our terms and conditions are clear: 'Younique Look Photography Ltd, will not take responsibility for any contractual agreements between a client and their supplier i.e. studio hire, model portfolio and events. Any queries regarding such bookings need to be directed to the third party concerned. Please note that we are not a recruitment/employment or modelling agency'.
(Original post by Mermaidhq)
Hi Everyone,I just wanted to share my experience with this agency I went for a test shoot with.I received an email last week or so asking if I wanted to come in for a test shoot. The email was from [email protected], I booked the session with them in their studio in Bethnal Green.I was told that my shoot was goign to be paid this is the exact email I received:'Hi,We are pleased to hear you can attend the photo shoot / assessment.As mentioned it will allow us to see how you in front of the camera.The shoot is paid for which includes make up artist if required and photographers time.To book the shoot please call the London booking line on 0203 916 5948.Once booked our team will send you confirmation on where to go, what to bring and what exactly to expect.''As you can imagine I was surprise to be paid for just a test shoot, so I went.As I arrive in the studio situated on Studio DetailsName: Number 469 Studio Address: 469 Bethnal Green Road, London E2 9QH . The studio looks like they just have been set up, with one exhausted makeup artist, 3 different ''rooms' separated by fake non permanent walls, the studios windows were covered and so was the door. No sign of belonging to the agency they clearly rented this space for this Scam purpose. Or are nothing to do with the studio. After waiting for 3hours! I was told to go to the makeup artist, she did absolutely nothing on my face a part from putting lip palm on my dry lips and brush my hair, she applied a tiny bit of mascara and a touch of powder, I basically looked exactly the same. There was a huge groupe of parents and children assisting the shoot to. It was really one after the other, on a chain basis. So unorganised.The photographer was really nice, I get 3 outfit choices and get told to sit and wait for my consultant.The consultant, spoke so fast it sounded like a pre made speech they tell everyone, he scrolled through my photo and I wasn't even able to see them. He then show me another modelling agency page, that I never heard off and what looks like someone else work. I was told I was accepted for a 12 months contract on a non exclusive therm, they will pitch my photos to other agencies (WAIT I THOUGHT YOU WERE AN AGENCY?) and of course I will have to buy the copyright of my photos for the sum minimum of £350! My eyes blew off my face, wait a second I though I was paid for this shoot, I thought you were an agency and I what the hell is this A4 one piece of paper that you call a contract?I told him I couldn't afford it and he just asked me for a £50 deposit for photos I didn't like and couldn't see going anywhere....The funniest thing is that when I receive my invoice there is another name of company on it this time the Invoice is on youniquelook.com / younique look photography limited, in tiny letters: we are NOT a modelling agency.I obviously left as soon as I heard this and didn't sign anything.There was older persons, kids and family and Youngs girls in the studio with me and I though to myself what an horrible bunch of idiots to be scamming those poor people!DO NOT GO THERE!
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Y Studio)
There was no upfront charges and your session was FREE, at the end of your session if you wish to purchase images for portfolio and personal use you would need to purchase copyright to the images, however under no obligation to do so. Confirmation e-mail you were sent clearly states this. Your invoice says our name on it because you purchased copyright from us and the third party used our services for you. I guess you have to be clever to understand that and from your comments and malicious review you seem to be far from it. 'Shoot is paid for' in your confirmation means the test shoot, makeup artist and photographer is paid for so you are not being charged for. Clearly your understanding of the English language is poor.You were booked in via a third party and in relation to third party bookings our terms and conditions are clear: 'Younique Look Photography Ltd, will not take responsibility for any contractual agreements between a client and their supplier i.e. studio hire, model portfolio and events. Any queries regarding such bookings need to be directed to the third party concerned. Please note that we are not a recruitment/employment or modelling agency'.
I can't believe the company has made an account and responded!

Maybe I'm naive here. I'm certainly no expert in modelling but insulting your clientele isn't exactly the best business practise. Surely if you have a lot of individuals posting on TSR about their bad experiences, maybe it's time for YOU to be more clear in your initial emails, rather than blaming others for their apparent lack of comprehension of the English language.
Last edited by CTLeafez; 1 year ago
Noscamsam
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,We are pleased to hear you can attend the photo shoot / assessment.As mentioned it will allow us to see how you behave and look in front of the camera.The shoot is paid for which includes make up artist if required and the photographers time.To book the shoot please call the London booking line on 0203 916 5948.Once booked our team will send you confirmation on where to go, what to bring and what exactly to expect on the day.Kind regards,Bookings ManagementYou mean this email? That says absolutely nothing of the type?
Memz78
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m glad I came here too as I received the confirmation email so I googled the number and here I am.
Blackpage
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
HI there,
Thank you so much - i was booked onto this & saw this just in time. I contacted them & their response was:

Hi,
We are not an agency and we are not located at that address listed.
We can only presume there has been some confusion.
Kind regards,
Online booking team

But i sent them a reply stating:
HI there,
Thanks for this - but i dont think i will be attending
The email you sent me is exactly the same word for word in very detail, the same email address etc.

Your email states - We are pleased to hear you can attend the photo shoot / assessment.
>
> As mentioned it will allow us to see how you behave and look in front
> of the camera. The shoot is paid for which includes make up artist if required and
> the photographers time. To book the shoot please call the London booking line on 0203 916 5948. Once booked our team will send you confirmation on where to go, what to bring and what exactly to expect on the day.

The email below from the scam link:

"We are pleased to hear you can attend the photo shoot / assessment.

Its exactly the same - they are scammers & i have sent this to the fraud action team.
Thanks guys - spread the word.
richardpatel567
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes you can now lodge this group on Action Fraud and alert the relevant county constabulary ActionFraud.com
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.71%
No (266)
33.29%

Watched Threads