Has anyone ever heard of or done a CertCE course?

Watch
Jude1812
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
The University of Essex Online do a few CertCE courses, but only in a very few subjects. I was just wondering if this is a level of qualification that only this University offers as I haven't seen any other places that offer a CertCe, only CertHE onwards etc.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jude1812)
The University of Essex Online do a few CertCE courses, but only in a very few subjects. I was just wondering if this is a level of qualification that only this University offers as I haven't seen any other places that offer a CertCe, only CertHE onwards etc.
A quick google indicates that the following all offer some form of CertCE.

Teeside, Wrexham Glyndwr, Strathclyde.

That's just the first page on google. So they aren't frighteningly common, but they are far more than a one institute thing.
Vegancat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am starting a CertCe course next month with the UoE online. They are suitable if you haven't got academic grades to get into the BA right away, and after the year you can continue with the Bachelors (and are accredited the credits you've done in the first year). The certification you'll get is a CertCe but I am not sure if it will help to get better jobs.
Jude1812
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vegancat)
I am starting a CertCe course next month with the UoE online. They are suitable if you haven't got academic grades to get into the BA right away, and after the year you can continue with the Bachelors (and are accredited the credits you've done in the first year). The certification you'll get is a CertCe but I am not sure if it will help to get better jobs.
Thanks, I have got a pre-enrolment review with the UoE online over the phone tomorrow, did you have this and what did they ask you etc.?
Thanks xx
Vegancat
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes I had it. They will ask if you have 10-18 hours a week to study, when you plan to study, if you have any holiday within the next 10 weeks that will prevent you from studying etc. After the pre-enrolment review, you will get your offer letter per email and also your login to the module website. Plus instructions for tuition loan if you plan to fund it with that.
Jude1812
Rep:
?
Yes I had it. They will ask if you have 10-18 hours a week to study, when you plan to study, if you have any holiday within the next 10 weeks that will prevent you from studying etc. After the pre-enrolment review, you will get your offer letter per email and also your login to the module website. Plus instructions for tuition loan if you plan to fund it with that.
Excellent! Can you remember what you had to do for tuition loan, who you had to contact, what details they needed etc? I know I will find out tomorrow but the sooner I know about the finance stuff the sooner I know what documents I need etc!
Thanks soooo much xx
Vegancat
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jude1812)
Excellent! Can you remember what you had to do for tuition loan, who you had to contact, what details they needed etc? I know I will find out tomorrow but the sooner I know about the finance stuff the sooner I know what documents I need etc!
Thanks soooo much xx
If you are a UK student, you can fill out the tuition loan form on the Gov website. The UoEO will send you the pdf form though and asks you to fill it out and return it to them. They will check the loan application and then forward it to student finance. As I have already had an open tuition fee application going with SFE, I only gave the uni my customer reference number and password. They want you to set up consent to share with SFE, so that the uni is able to call SFE on your behalf. They will send you a form for that which you have to send to SFE and a copy to the uni.

What you need to fill out will depend if you are EU, UK or international student.
Jude1812
Rep:
?
If you are a UK student, you can fill out the tuition loan form on the Gov website. The UoEO will send you the pdf form though and asks you to fill it out and return it to them. They will check the loan application and then forward it to student finance. As I have already had an open tuition fee application going with SFE, I only gave the uni my customer reference number and password. They want you to set up consent to share with SFE, so that the uni is able to call SFE on your behalf. They will send you a form for that which you have to send to SFE and a copy to the uni.

What you need to fill out will depend if you are EU, UK or international student.
Thanks, I got a place! Yee haa! Just have to wait and see if I can get the loan now!
Vegancat
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Congrats! When are you planning to start and what will you be studying?
Jude1812
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
It is the CertCE in Law and starting in October if this loan comes through!
Vegancat
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Cool, I’m starting the same next month
LouisB87
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Glad i found this, im trying to get onto CertCE Law at UoEO next month at the last minute too 😄 Im not sure about the loans though, my advisor told me SFE wont fund CertCEs
Jude1812
Rep:
?
(Original post by LouisB87)
Glad i found this, im trying to get onto CertCE Law at UoEO next month at the last minute too 😄 Im not sure about the loans though, my advisor told me SFE wont fund CertCEs
I have sent off an application to SFE and my advisor never said anything about them not funding it! I guess I'll have to pay the fee every month and live off baked beans for a while!
Vegancat
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LouisB87)
My adviser told me you can fund it through SFE and there’s a few on Facebook who have funded it through SFE.

Guess we will be in the same ‘class’ then 😊
Jude1812
Rep:
?
My adviser told me you can fund it through SFE and there’s a few on Facebook who have funded it through SFE.

Guess we will be in the same ‘class’ then 😊
Hello Vegancat!
I opted out of the Law course due to the funding confusion but SFE have said that it can be funded now!
I am going to be doing the CertCE in Healthcare Management instead in January as it makes more sense seeming as I work for the NHS!
Anyway, I just wanted to know how you were getting on with your course.
Jude
xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads