The Student Room Group

studying

im not really an academic person, i mostly get 2/3/4 's in all my tests. im going into year 10 so should i start revising or wait until year 11???
It’s way easier to start revising early, it means you just have to do little and often. Otherwise you’ll wait until exam season and have to cram all the GCSE content and that’s tough.

Don’t overdo it though, no need to spend like 3 hours every night, but just keep reading over notes, maybe start making flash cards or whichever revision resources work best for you. It makes it so much easier when you come to the serious revision in Y11
Don't wait. Working hard in Year 10 means you will be more confident in what you learn. Even if you are getting 2/3/4s now doesn't mean you can't get the top grade in GCSEs. 2 years is a long time and consistency is key. Make a plan, work for 1-2 hours a day and 3-4 hours on weekends and revise everything you do in lessons. Get into practice of making notes and memorising them. Once you finish a certain topic, find some past exam questions and answer them. You will see yourself improve within days and during year 11 you will be under much less stress.
thank you!!!!!
Reply 4
If you do well in all your tests throughout the year, you're much more likely to get a good result at the end and be less stressed.
It'll sound a bit bad, but the reason I wasn't stressed during GCSEs is because I knew there was no way I wasn't going to do well, because I had performed highly throughout year 10 and 11

Quick Reply

Latest