lola tameer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I just got done with my O-levels and got a really nice result
I am a little confused about A-levels now.
I am going for sciences( physics, chemistry and biology ) But want to go for another subject ( which I am dubious about)
My school is offering psychology as well. But I heard it is really difficult and students are unable to handle it along with the other subjects.
someone please tell me if it will be okay and whether I would be able to get into a good uni with this subject combination.
( I am from Pakistan btw )
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lola tameer)
I am going for sciences( physics, chemistry and biology ) But want to go for another subject ( which I am dubious about)
My school is offering psychology as well. But I heard it is really difficult and students are unable to handle it along with the other subjects.
someone please tell me if it will be okay and whether I would be able to get into a good uni with this subject combination.
Are you going to be taking this in the UK? Otherwise only Pakistani A-Level students will be about to advise you because presumably the UK curriculum will be different!
lola tameer
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
Are you going to be taking this in the UK? Otherwise only Pakistani A-Level students will be about to advise you because presumably the UK curriculum will be different!
In Pakistan
lola tameer
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for the information.
lola tameer
Rep:
?
As I said, it depends on the curriculum. If it's similar to the UK I would say it is reasonable (I didn't do it myself so I have no first hand experience, but I know a few people who did it). However as @acsel said if you can get away with doing 3 subjects, why do 4?
I was thinking about going abroad as well.
It all depends on what my parents decide.
But if I am going to live in Pakistan, I need to have maximum subjects to secure a well position in uni especially in medical
lola tameer
Rep:
?
Well as I said I am talking about it from a UK perspective. Here to get into medical school, you are judged on three subjects (not Scottish Highers). It doesn't matter if you did 100 subjects, as long as you have achieved 3 As (or whatever offer you were given) you will get in.
Thank you for the guidance. I do consider your perspective.
luji
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you want a fourth subject maybe look into math? Most students who do any 2 scienes cope easily with maths. I am gussing you are doing IAL?
lola tameer
Rep:
?
(Original post by ab173)
If you want a fourth subject maybe look into math? Most students who do any 2 scienes cope easily with maths. I am gussing you are doing IAL?
I don't like maths but will still give it a shot...
I will take a trail.
Thank you for the suggestion.
luji
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't like maths but will still give it a shot...
I will take a trail.
Thank you for the suggestion.
You are welcome. You might not like it but Chem Phy and Bio all require a certain extent of math. You're doing all three so you must be good. Just keep in mind that it's not your degree, you don't have to be passionate about it. IAL is just a bridge that enables you to do what you want in uni. If you're good at maths then diffinitely give it a shot even if you don't like it!
kate426
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I heard sociology is easier plus its similar to psychology and plus your going to have to drop one anyway so you can pick the fourth subject as a drop subject for year 13
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
17.14%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (90)
28.57%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (118)
37.46%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (42)
13.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.49%

Watched Threads