The Student Room Group

What med schools to pick if your family is disadvantaged/minority/disabled?

What medical schools lower the criteria or 'upscale your application' if your family is poor, disabled, in care, ethnic minority, non uk citizens etc.
I believe manchester have a separate ranking for disadvantaged students. While Birmingham subsidies the tuition of poor black country students. Any other examples or uni policies?
(edited 5 years ago)
Cant be bothered going through them all, but have a look at Nottingham. I seem to recall they have contextual offers or a foundation that would suit you. It is just a case of doing the research.
Reply 2
Original post by malcommalcom
What medical schools lower the criteria or 'upscale your application' if your family is poor, disabled, in care, ethnic minority, non uk citizens etc.
I believe manchester have a separate ranking for disadvantaged students. While Birmingham subsidies the tuition of poor black country students. Any other examples or uni policies?

You could look at this document for clues - the word "contextual" is the one to search for

https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2357/msc-entry-requirements-for-uk-medical-schools.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending