D.magz350
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey.<br>
<br>
So I finished most of my IGCSEs last year and I&apos;m supposed to begin AS this Year. I don&apos;t know exactly where I want to study yet, but I&apos;ve narrowed it down and I think to keep myself on the safe side between my home country and abroad, I&apos;ll need 3 A levels and 2 AS.<br>
<br>
I&apos;ve already decided to do English and History as both AS and A-levels. I&apos;m not exactly sure what the 3rd subject would be but let&apos;s say Law.<br>
<br>
I know that I&apos;ll probably need to study the AS section of Law to have sufficient info or smth (please correct me if I&apos;m wrong) but my question is, regardless of studying the AS portion or not, is it required of me to sit the AS exam for Law to be able to sit the AL one too??
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by D.magz350)
Hey.<br>
<br>
So I finished most of my IGCSEs last year and I&apos;m supposed to begin AS this Year. I don&apos;t know exactly where I want to study yet, but I&apos;ve narrowed it down and I think to keep myself on the safe side between my home country and abroad, I&apos;ll need 3 A levels and 2 AS.<br>
<br>
I&apos;ve already decided to do English and History as both AS and A-levels. I&apos;m not exactly sure what the 3rd subject would be but let&apos;s say Law.<br>
<br>
I know that I&apos;ll probably need to study the AS section of Law to have sufficient info or smth (please correct me if I&apos;m wrong) but my question is, regardless of studying the AS portion or not, is it required of me to sit the AS exam for Law to be able to sit the AL one too??

Why do you need 3 A levels and 2 x AS

Why not 3 full A levels? It is confusing.

You have the AS section which you do in the first year of study and that is aggregated with the A2 section to make a complete A level.

An AS mark is standalone and you get a qualification.
I believe the A2 mark is standalone except it won form a qualification on its own because It needs the AS.

Not sure why you would want to do A2 law and ignore AS? For what purpose?

Why not just do 3 A levels like most people?
D.magz350
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thing is, I'm not sure if I'm going back to my home country to study there or going abroad. If I go back, I only need 2 AS. If I go abroad, I only need 3 A Levels. And I'm only using law as an example, I still haven't chosen the third subject. I just wanna know if I can sit for an A-level without sitting an AS first
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads