The Student Room Group

French GCSE Retake and Remark

Can I retake or remark my French GCSE in 2018?
Original post by mjhmichael18
Can I retake or remark my French GCSE in 2018?

Yes you can get a review of marking. If its Edexcel then it's free to access the script and your teacher can check it first. You can retake French GCSE in 2019.
Reply 2
When did you originally take the exams?

If it was this Summer then you can pay for a review of marking - try either the writing or speaking unit as their is more room for marking error in those. Deadline 20 September. Alternatively you could re-sit next Summer.

If you took GCSE French before this Summer then the specification has changed and you'd have to take the new one.
Original post by Compost
When did you originally take the exams?

If it was this Summer then you can pay for a review of marking - try either the writing or speaking unit as their is more room for marking error in those. Deadline 20 September. Alternatively you could re-sit next Summer.

If you took GCSE French before this Summer then the specification has changed and you'd have to take the new one.

It was this Summer that I originally took my exams. So I can pay for a review of marking and try either the writing or speaking unit as there is more room for marking errors in those but the deadline for paying is the 20th of September. I could resit next summer alternatively though.
Original post by Muttley79
Yes you can get a review of marking. If its Edexcel then it's free to access the script and your teacher can check it first. You can retake French GCSE in 2019.

It is AQA so it may be different but I am not sure. It is hard to find a place that you can retake it as most places don’t do it or don’t allow it so that is why I am asking and it is why I think it is better to do a remark than it is to try and find a place that does it and allows you to retake your French GCSE.
It is AQA so it may be different but I am not sure. It is hard to find a place that you can retake it as most places don’t do it or don’t allow it so that is why I am asking and it is why I think it is better to do a remark than it is to try and find a place that does it and allows you to retake your French GCSE.

PS Can one of you check please?.

Ask your teacher [or exams officer] what your mark was so you can judge how close you were to the next grade.
Reply 7
It is AQA

You can't get the scripts back for AQA so check with your teacher how close you were to the grade boundary for the next grade above and below. Consider a review of marking if you are close to the grade above.
Original post by Compost
You can't get the scripts back for AQA so check with your teacher how close you were to the grade boundary for the next grade above and below. Consider a review of marking if you are close to the grade above.

I have done that now and it hasn’t changed at all unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest