help a student in distress Watch

ilustralice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am desperate to find something to do starting January, as I am 20 years old, I feel like I am wasting precious time. I just dropped out of Graphic Design, and although I know exactly what I want to be doing in my career path, which is writing and illustrating children's books, and until then work in a publishing house, I still feel desperate to start my journey.

Oh, and I live in Brazil, so I'll be moving to the UK.

I am between studying Illustration or English lit, but the main question is this

I have found a program on English Lit BA, starting January 2019, at the University of Buckingham. It's a 2 year degree, and it was ranked 9th in the UK by The Guardian... I was certain this was the program for me, but then, I read somewhere that this ranking is ********. I also read that for Buckingham being a small town, you don't make important connections.

I am also worried if it's worth the costs, or if I should wait until September to start at another Uni. I can't find much about Buckingham, I am afraid that's not a good sign.

There's also a TEF Gold
The Sunday Times 2018 Top University Guide - Top for Teaching Quality
NSS National Student Survey 2018 for student satisfaction

Can anyone please please help me?
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ilustralice)
I am desperate to find something to do starting January, as I am 20 years old, I feel like I am wasting precious time. I just dropped out of Graphic Design, and although I know exactly what I want to be doing in my career path, which is writing and illustrating children's books, and until then work in a publishing house, I still feel desperate to start my journey.

Oh, and I live in Brazil, so I'll be moving to the UK.

I am between studying Illustration or English lit, but the main question is this

I have found a program on English Lit BA, starting January 2019, at the University of Buckingham. It's a 2 year degree, and it was ranked 9th in the UK by The Guardian... I was certain this was the program for me, but then, I read somewhere that this ranking is ********. I also read that for Buckingham being a small town, you don't make important connections.

I am also worried if it's worth the costs, or if I should wait until September to start at another Uni. I can't find much about Buckingham, I am afraid that's not a good sign.

There's also a TEF Gold
The Sunday Times 2018 Top University Guide - Top for Teaching Quality
NSS National Student Survey 2018 for student satisfaction

Can anyone please please help me?
I have family who live near Buckingham - it is a small town but close to Milton Keynes, Oxford and Aylesbury. [Express buses go to these places] The advantage is its a two year degree and it is rated It is a Private university so does not offer a full range of degrees but the ones it does offer are good. If you have any questions I'll ask for you -
ilustralice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Muttley79)I have family who live near Buckingham - it is a small town but close to Milton Keynes, Oxford and Aylesbury. [Express buses go to these places] The advantage is its a two year degree and it is rated It is a Private university so does not offer a full range of degrees but the ones it does offer are good. If you have any questions I'll ask for you -

(Original post by Muttley79)
I have family who live near Buckingham - it is a small town but close to Milton Keynes, Oxford and Aylesbury. [Express buses go to these places] The advantage is its a two year degree and it is rated It is a Private university so does not offer a full range of degrees but the ones it does offer are good. If you have any questions I'll ask for you -
Hi! Thanks for answering. So, as I said, I was thinking about the English Literature 2-year program, and I want to know if the program is good and if they have a lot of students... Is it a good place to live?
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by ilustralice)
(Original post by Muttley79)I have family who live near Buckingham - it is a small town but close to Milton Keynes, Oxford and Aylesbury. [Express buses go to these places] The advantage is its a two year degree and it is rated It is a Private university so does not offer a full range of degrees but the ones it does offer are good. If you have any questions I'll ask for you -

Hi! Thanks for answering. So, as I said, I was thinking about the English Literature 2-year program, and I want to know if the program is good and if they have a lot of students... Is it a good place to live?
I know some local students from good schools go there and they could choose any uni - the two year degree is attractive. From what I've seen Buckingham seems fine - it's a small town but there's plenty of more lively places nearby if that's what you want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (197)
24.29%
Pop (196)
24.17%
Jazz (33)
4.07%
Classical (46)
5.67%
Hip-Hop (154)
18.99%