The Student Room Group

When a guy ignores you on messenger, opposed to just blocking you.

When a guy ignores you on messenger, opposed to just blocking you, do you feel he is just trying to keep the door opened to come back when he is good and ready?
sorry what was that?
Reply 2
I've never blocked anyone on messenger, including plenty of people I have no plans to speak to ever again. I don't see the point
Reply 3
To be honest it looks like he is trying not to hurt your feelings as the option of ignoring is less hurtful than blocking any form of communication and ignoring people could be played of as busy to be opposite person ot a small trick people like to use and if this a boy your talking to i don't think he has interest in you because we make time for things that are important im our lives
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
I just find that this is a new age way of blocking, or ignoring is a coward way out for most men, instead of just being a man about it, instead of just saying how they feel....it gives men a new way to play games. I just say that because I have a had a few guys block me, but then made an effort to get back in touch.. by texting or calling my phone... because blocking is so final on Facebook, they can't see you, and you can't see them, ..so I'm just asking your opinions, do you think when someone just ignore you, opposed to blocking, do think it is away that they still want to be nosey on your page?? Or possibly just not want to totally be disconnected, because they want to bother you again when they want to on messenger?
Reply 5
An obviously if you have Never played petty games like that, by blocking someone. Good for you, and that is why you don't see my point. Your heart is different.
Reply 6
Original post by kate426
To be honest it looks like he is trying not to hurt your feelings as the option of ignoring is less hurtful than blocking any form of communication and ignoring people could be played of as busy to be opposite person ot a small trick people like to use and if this a boy your talking to i don't think he has interest in you because we make time for things that are important im our lives

That is the truth, we do make time for what is important in our lives.
Reply 7
I am currently dealing with this situation and I do feel for my well being, Im just going to block him, out of site out of mind.
Reply 8
Original post by johnibegood
I am currently dealing with this situation and I do feel for my well being, Im just going to block him, out of site out of mind.

Good on you. One thing I cannot stand is being ignored. People always comment on how fast I respond back pmsl. I'm a male though. And I never intentionally ignore someone (maybe I'll go silent if no response is needed but yeah, and I rarely type first probably down to fear of rejection lol). But actually ignoring someone is the height of rudeness to me. I don't care who you are, I will respond to you unless you're a d*ck. There's no need for it.

I'm proud of you for wasting no further time here. Kudos.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending