The Student Room Group

Nostalgic places....

Do any of you have any specific places which make you feel nostalgic? because I feel like London brings out the love in me...
Doha, Qatar. For personal reasons.
Reply 2
Original post by Pantera Fan Club
Doha, Qatar. For personal reasons.

I get how you feel, personally for me there's a story behind why I Love London so much but it's pretty special to me and I've never shared it with anyone before so most people think I'm out of my mind.
Original post by London090
I get how you feel, personally for me there's a story behind why I Love London so much but it's pretty special to me and I've never shared it with anyone before so most people think I'm out of my mind.

I love Doha because it's literally grown as I've grown from 2006 to 2012. I spent my primary school years there and I'm incredibly nostalgic. There's a lot of people and places I miss.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTdh8ZzVwAAHq2I.jpg
for reference
My bedroom
Reply 5
I love Doha because it's literally grown as I've grown from 2006 to 2012. I spent my primary school years there and I'm incredibly nostalgic. There's a lot of people and places I miss.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTdh8ZzVwAAHq2I.jpg
for reference

Wow that's incredible! Personally for me there's someone in London whom I miss and I never got the opportunity to say "see you later" and I regret it, but London symbolises the realisation that you could fall in love with someone or something so fast and not even realise what you're missing. London just makes me feel like I belong somewhere because there's always something happening and you can be free to be whoever you want to be without the world bearing on your shoulders...

As crazy as that all sounds
Reply 6
Original post by RichPiana
My bedroom

Nice one😂
Wow that's incredible! Personally for me there's someone in London whom I miss and I never got the opportunity to say "see you later" and I regret it, but London symbolises the realisation that you could fall in love with someone or something so fast and not even realise what you're missing. London just makes me feel like I belong somewhere because there's always something happening and you can be free to be whoever you want to be without the world bearing on your shoulders...

As crazy as that all sounds

Deep. London does have its own history and culture. Its sometimes like an entirely different country.
Reply 8
Deep. London does have its own history and culture. Its sometimes like an entirely different country.

Are you currently living in Doha?
Are you currently living in Doha?

no, but I visited for 2017 Easter holiday. I live in Berkshire now.
Reply 10
no, but I visited for 2017 Easter holiday. I live in Berkshire now.

Oh it must have been nice to have been able to go back and see how it's flourished🙂 So I presume you're English?
Oh it must have been nice to have been able to go back and see how it's flourished🙂 So I presume you're English?

yup, all sorts of Western folks come to Qatar for the mid to high level jobs
Reply 12
yup, all sorts of Western folks come to Qatar for the mid to high level jobs

Ahh I see, I understand how you must be missing it it was probably like a home to you. I live in China btw:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest