ffayedaniels
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi! So i'm going into year 10 and starting my gcse. I am really not academic, getting 2/3's in all tests of all subjects. I am aiming to get A*&A&B's in all subjects. Should i start revising now or wait until the start of year 11?
Tj.d2925
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Obviously its completely up to you- I started revising at the end of year 11 which was a big mistake but still managed to get most of my target grades 7/8 just by working hard on the actual work during the year. I do suggest starting revision at the start of year 11 but the more time you have to work on it the better I guess? However to be sure to check that you are revising all of the right things because due to the new GCSE style things (at least when I did my GCSE's) are constantly changing.

Remember that you are still only in year 10 so do make sure that you leave yourself time to relax and spend time with friends as well as revision and school work.

Good luck though!!
adelaideboo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ffayedaniels)
Hi! So i'm going into year 10 and starting my gcse. I am really not academic, getting 2/3's in all tests of all subjects. I am aiming to get A*&A&B's in all subjects. Should i start revising now or wait until the start of year 11?
I’m going into year 10 too. What subjects are you doing? I think I’m going to aim to revise about an hour a night and two hours at weekends this year so I’m prepared for year 11 and exams.
ffayedaniels
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
im doing the core english maths science, and photography, geography, business studies and hair&beauty. im aiming for one hour a week on each subject so 2 hours a night and thursday night one hour of one subject and then the other hour is homework. then friday and the weekend off because i dont want to overwork.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (157)
59.47%
No I haven't decided yet (61)
23.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.42%

Watched Threads