Christianity Beliefs and TeachingsWatch
- Shows Jesus was divine as he had the power to rise from the dead. It also demonstrates his omnipotence, a characteristic which is associated with God so he must be the Son of God.
‘Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen
- It was important for the existence and development of the Christian Faith. Proves Christ’s power to forgive sins and assure eternal life to those who accept his gift of salvation as he overcame death.
‘If Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith; you are still in your sins.’ – [Corinthians]
- Proves there’s life after death and gives Christians faith that bodily resurrection is possible in the afterlife as Jesus was said to be the first person to have resurrected.
‘firstfruits of them that are asleep’ - [Corinthians]
How belief in the Resurrection of Jesus influences Christians:
- Follow Jesus’s teachings as the Resurrection proves Jesus was the Son of God as he was able to return from the dead (omnipotent) which gives authority to his teachings.
- Helps overcome their fear of death as it encourages them to lay down their lives for their beliefs as Jesus sacrificed his life for his beliefs but was resurrected later.
I got a 9 in R.E. using this.