The Student Room Group

A level

Tt
(edited 5 years ago)
The exam can be sit after 1 year or 2 years. It depends on you and how long you take to prepare yourself. For the content, the modular system isn't there and the exams are linear so you will have 2 Pure papers and 1 Mechanics + Statistics paper. A good place to start will be to print the specification and go through the topics like they are in there. You can try to learn the content using the old modular system of C1 then C2 then C3 then C4 etc but keep in mind some topics in the old spec are not in the new spec and vice versa. Also, for stats and mechanics, you will only require partial knowledge from M1/M2 and S1/S2 so better to consult the specification. There is no need to study D1-4 anymore.
i'd also suggest buying the edexcel textbooks and working through them w extra support from the internet if needed. also, w the amount of content, it really pays off if you revisit the topics you've learned earlier to make sure you don't forget how to work through trickier questions. good luck x
Reply 3
These videos could be really helpful to learn from, they're informative and easy to learn from. Gonna start A2 maths this year and I'm annoyed I didn't see or use this for AS. They're for the new spec aswell:
https://sites.google.com/site/tlmaths314/home

Quick Reply

Latest