danjedwards123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is there a way to challenge the maintenance loan amount awarded to me? I've been told that I'll be receiving £4224 despite the website telling me I've been awarded and can borrow up to £6455. I firmly believe I should be entitled to the £6455. How can I make sure I get this?

EDIT: I've attached a couple images to show what I mean
danjedwards123
Rep:
?
Attached images here
Attached files
danjedwards123
Rep:
?
If I do try and change my loan amount I'm faced with what you can see in the attached image. Doing this is what caused my entitlement summary to change to "Loan Requested: £6455". Before that it was just the £4224 being displayed.
Attached files
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What happens if you change it to the maximum amount? Are you sure you're entitled to the £6455? Have you been income assessed yet?
danjedwards123
Rep:
?
If I change it to the maximum amount it causes the loan requested: £6455 to appear on my entitlement summary. I assume I was means tested cause I asked to be, they claimed I didn't supply all of the correct information for the household income and that they would check with the HMRC for me but never got back to me. I applied for the maximum loan so I can only assume the £6455 is from the means testing as I there is no where else it could have come from. It was also within the ball park figure I thought I would get when using the government calculator and entering household income there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (95)
38.93%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
11.07%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.38%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.3%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.97%

Watched Threads