The Student Room Group
Original post by n_01
I got a UKCAT score of 705 (avg. over the 4 sections) but got SJT band 3, will I still be able to get into medicine?

Moved to Medicine
Original post by n_01
I got a UKCAT score of 705 (avg. over the 4 sections) but got SJT band 3, will I still be able to get into medicine?

Dude I have literally the same issue, UKCAT score of 712.5, SJT band 3. For some unis, it’s fine, whereas for others it matters.
Original post by n_01

yah i had the same last year and got in
Reply 4
Dude I have literally the same issue, UKCAT score of 712.5, SJT band 3. For some unis, it’s fine, whereas for others it matters.

Well done! But damn you get me I really don't know if it's gonna make me look like I lack common sense. Which unis look at it a lot do you know?
No. Most universities don't look at SJT anymore as long as you don't get a band 4. Some do like Barts and Edinburgh who rank you based on your score but don't apply there. Do you have some universities in mind where you want to apply?
Reply 6
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
No. Most universities don't look at SJT anymore as long as you don't get a band 4. Some do like Barts and Edinburgh who rank you based on your score but don't apply there. Do you have some universities in mind where you want to apply?

I really want to apply to: Birmingham, Nottingham, Leicester and I think Manchester.
Original post by n_01
I really want to apply to: Birmingham, Nottingham, Leicester and I think Manchester.

I would think again about Nottingham but the rest are fine. How good were your GCSEs btw because Birmingham are 70:30 so you should really have 7-8 A*s if you want to apply there. If your GCSEs are high, then I would go for Cardiff instead of Nottingham. Cardiff look only at GCSEs and interview you and the only time they look at UKCAT is when they have people with similar scores during interview and even then you have a really high score (easily 1-2 decile) so you would be a strong candidate.
Reply 8
I would think again about Nottingham but the rest are fine. How good were your GCSEs btw because Birmingham are 70:30 so you should really have 7-8 A*s if you want to apply there. If your GCSEs are high, then I would go for Cardiff instead of Nottingham. Cardiff look only at GCSEs and interview you and the only time they look at UKCAT is when they have people with similar scores during interview and even then you have a really high score (easily 1-2 decile) so you would be a strong candidate.

I have 8 A*s. I checked Nottingham's website and they do a scoring system out of 40 for ukcat which I get 32 for + 16/16 for my gcses so I get an overall score of 48/56. Surely that's enough to get interviewed???? Thank you for your help btw
Original post by n_01
I have 8 A*s. I checked Nottingham's website and they do a scoring system out of 40 for ukcat which I get 32 for + 16/16 for my gcses so I get an overall score of 48/56. Surely that's enough to get interviewed???? Thank you for your help btw

I wouldnt risk it though. It is your choice but look at Cardiff because with your A*s I would wanna apply somewhere I know I will get an interview. I havent really looked a lot into nott because I didnt like the area but you do your research and make an informed decision. Good luck.
Cardiff is a good choice
Reply 11
I wouldnt risk it though. It is your choice but look at Cardiff because with your A*s I would wanna apply somewhere I know I will get an interview. I havent really looked a lot into nott because I didnt like the area but you do your research and make an informed decision. Good luck.

I see what you mean tbh. Hopefully I'll be okay because even if I got SJT band 2 I would have got 49/56 instead of 48/56 so hopefully it doesn't make a huge difference. Cardiff seems nice but I really don't want to have to go to another country! :smile:
Original post by n_01
I see what you mean tbh. Hopefully I'll be okay because even if I got SJT band 2 I would have got 49/56 instead of 48/56 so hopefully it doesn't make a huge difference. Cardiff seems nice but I really don't want to have to go to another country! :smile:

Did you apply Nottingham? If you did, did you get an interview there? Im asking because I have 737.5 as my average and a band 3. I have 9999888876 and Im applying with A*A*AA. Would be very helpful if you reply.
Reply 13
Original post by Manraj Lasher
Did you apply Nottingham? If you did, did you get an interview there? Im asking because I have 737.5 as my average and a band 3. I have 9999888876 and Im applying with A*A*AA. Would be very helpful if you reply.

This thread is 3 years old and that poster has not been on TSR for 2 years @becausethenight what is it with all these old threads today??
Thread has now been closed :smile:

Original post by GANFYD
This thread is 3 years old and that poster has not been on TSR for 2 years @becausethenight what is it with all these old threads today??

Cheers - I don't know, sometimes it just seems to happen!

Latest

Trending

Trending