Guys in relationships, does your gf's social media presence affect you?

Watch
Joe747
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So many girls have upwards of 200+ likes on their pics for example, plenty of men trying to slide in their DM's (some perhaps better looking than you), etc. Does this bother you?

Girls get so much validation these days. Why would she crave your affection as much?

I want to have a serious discussion about this. Thank you!
kate426
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay im going to be brutally honest sorry if this offends you. You need a higher self image if yourself seriously it would benefit u in many other aspects of your life like u wouldn't have to worry so much.You also have trust issues and this will negatively impact ypur relationship if you don't sit down and have a talk about this with her explain how u feel about it . And thats the best advice i can give u. Srry
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Girls just crave attention and validation. Without it they feel worthless. No wonder they keep on accepting random people's request for friends or followers. My ex was no exception and she had a lot of random guys following her. I, on the other hand, had few selected followers and only my closest of friends were following me and vice versa. She never thought about not liking other guy's pics or not allowing other guys to like her's until she saw that I started liking other girl's pics online. As soon as she 'found out' we had arguments. Huge double standards. Eventually came down to a compromise which was basically we werent allowed to have the opposite gender to like our pics.. The more mature thing would've been to just keep the close friends added/allow them to follow and not care if a close friend likes a pic. But I mean, clearly not.
ka345sh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SomMC1)
Girls just crave attention and validation. Without it they feel worthless. No wonder they keep on accepting random people's request for friends or followers. My ex was no exception and she had a lot of random guys following her. I, on the other hand, had few selected followers and only my closest of friends were following me and vice versa. She never thought about not liking other guy's pics or not allowing other guys to like her's until she saw that I started liking other girl's pics online. As soon as she 'found out' we had arguments. Huge double standards. Eventually came down to a compromise which was basically we werent allowed to have the opposite gender to like our pics.. The more mature thing would've been to just keep the close friends added/allow them to follow and not care if a close friend likes a pic. But I mean, clearly not.
I don't think its fair to say ALL girls crave attention and validation just from one experience lol
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ka345sh)
I don't think its fair to say ALL girls crave attention and validation just from one experience lol
Just look at social media, everyone you know has it and just crave the likes. Sad really.
My story is just to show personal experience
Joel 96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got annoyed when guys liked my gf's pictures. Made me think she was talking to them behind my back, etc. She also had problems with my social media activity which came to light when we had our last fight. She thought I wasn't keeping our relationship private enough, which was absurd from my POV, but if there's any lesson to all of this, just simply STOP using social media when you're with someone. It can ruin relationships, no matter how trusting and sincere you are.
SanityGone
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is she open about your relationship on her SM or does it look like she’s portraying herself as single?

Some girls get lots of likes because they have a wide circle of friends, current school, old school, job, clubs/sports, whatever. Attention from a boyf is very different, and receiving DMs from random guys is only a threat if she’s answering them
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joel 96)
I got annoyed when guys liked my gf's pictures. Made me think she was talking to them behind my back, etc. She also had problems with my social media activity which came to light when we had our last fight. She thought I wasn't keeping our relationship private enough, which was absurd from my POV, but if there's any lesson to all of this, just simply STOP using social media when you're with someone. It can ruin relationships, no matter how trusting and sincere you are.
truth has been spoken. those guys, where they her friends or random or your&her friends? one of the issues in mine was that i didnt know the guys who were liking and she didnt know the girls i was liking/the girl that liked my pics.
i think it's way harder to have trust in a relationships now compared to maybe 20-30years ago.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads