The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nah I don’t think that’s the case - their official rep account last activity was in October and I recall Julian saying because of the review in communications he had to resort to the secondary @ShefMedAdmission account
Original post by secobf
Nah I don’t think that’s the case - their official rep account last activity was in October and I recall Julian saying because of the review in communications he had to resort to the secondary @ShefMedAdmission account

Which last posted 19th November last year......
Yeah exactly so it’s seems like the uni has clamped down on Julian/the med school on posting on social media as well as their own official account
Basically an embargo on social media
Shame that because Julian’s presence on social media greatly increased the transparency of the whole admission process and I don’t think the next cohort of applicants can benefit from it
Is there a Sheffield offer holders chat?
Reply 984
Any rejections this morning?
Original post by S.Ahmad
Is there a Sheffield offer holders chat?

I don’t think so
Is the medical school open day on MUSE the same as the offer holders day or are they different?
Any rejections/offers today?
Reply 988
Original post by secobf
Any rejections/offers today?

Guessing they’ll all come out around 6? It looks like rejections with reserve have all been given out as they were given via email in the morning/early afternoon. Assuming the rest are offers and straight rejections, which will appear on track. Ugh😂
I was quite shocked when I got my offer for Sheffield last week, because I thought they said they’ll only start that on the 19th, Wednesday.
Reply 990
Original post by Medic19!
I was quite shocked when I got my offer for Sheffield last week, because I thought they said they’ll only start that on the 19th, Wednesday.

Congratulations on your offer. I’m surprised they started so early too. But I’m glad!
Just received an email for alternative options. What does it exactly mean? If we don't go for the alternative offer we are taken off the reserve list for Medicine? And if we do take the alternative offer then on results day if there are any spaces left for medicine we can see if we can get a place?

I am slightly confused.
Original post by MyPathwayToMed
Just received an email for alternative options. What does it exactly mean? If we don't go for the alternative offer we are taken off the reserve list for Medicine? And if we do take the alternative offer then on results day if there are any spaces left for medicine we can see if we can get a place?

I am slightly confused.

Good question. For a concrete answer I would email Julian! Just to make sure you get accurate information.

I am slightly confused.

It means Sheffield would be really happy to have you studying with them, but you unfortunately just missed the cut for medicine.
Most waiting lists operate on the basis that you can only be on them if you hold no other firm offers, so accepting an alternative may well mean you are removed from the waiting list
Reply 994
I got an offer! So so pleased. On track at 18:01 and had my interview on the 30th of November.
(edited 5 years ago)
Still nothing.... Great.

I am slightly confused.

hi, I just got the email too, and from the lines “Please note - In the event that you accept an offer for an alternative programme, should any places become available through clearing and adjustment you are welcome to apply,” i would assume that this isn’t quite the same as accepting an offer through ucas, and so sheffield are happy for you to see if they have any places left for medicine in the summer at sheffield or any other uni x again, would definitely email back just to be sure but that’s what i took from it x
Original post by GANFYD
It means Sheffield would be really happy to have you studying with them, but you unfortunately just missed the cut for medicine.
Most waiting lists operate on the basis that you can only be on them if you hold no other firm offers, so accepting an alternative may well mean you are removed from the waiting list

I don't think so - this is what the email said:

Please note - In the event that you accept an offer for an alternative programme, should any places become available through clearing and adjustment you are welcome to apply.
Received an offer at 18:01, was interviewed on 7th Dec. Good luck to anyone else still waiting to hear, remember all you need is just one offer! Xx
Got an offer at 18.01! Interviewed on 3rd Dec! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear

Latest

Trending

Trending