The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GANFYD
No problem, just pleased to see their ridiculous historical cut offs have dropped to a more achievable level!

Oh actually, for Home/EU it is as low as Tier 3 (predicted A*A*A) for interview.
But for international they only interviewed Tier 1 this year (Achieved 3A*). in fact i had 3A* predicted which is why i’m shocked and slightly worried about my other choices.

All this info was mentioned in the rejection email, i’m not pulling it out of my ass
Reply 81
Original post by helpmenow_
Oh actually, for Home/EU it is as low as Tier 3 (predicted A*A*A) for interview.
But for international they only interviewed Tier 1 this year (Achieved 3A*). in fact i had 3A* predicted which is why i’m shocked and slightly worried about my other choices.

All this info was mentioned in the rejection email, i’m not pulling it out of my ass

As I repeatedly say, I don’t know very much about international applicants! Almost all my research relates to UK school leavers.
Good luck with the rest of your application
Reply 82
Anyone know when they’re meant to start to send out interviews?
After this week
So like next monday (going on last year)
Hey guys, do you know if international students have to travel to Newcastle for the interview or are there any alternative options?
Reply 86
The website says they do skype interview
Original post by RGaya3
The website says they do skype interview

Oh right, sorry missed that piece of information haha. Thanks for your reply!
Its odd how dead this thread is compared to the 2018 one. Anyone fancy guessing what the UKCAT cutoff is?
How have they done the cutoff in the past? Do they usually use deciles?
I just got into the 9th decile however my gcses aren't amazing:redface: Newcastle was a risky application for me so I won't be gutted if I don't get an interview but does anyone think I might be in with a chance?
I think a lot of people applying to Newcastle have also applied to kings, so that one is more popular. Also, Newcastle weren't expected to send interviews till this week, so no one had anything new to say
So are interview invites expected to go out in the next few days?
Sorry I confused this with glasgow. I would expect Newcastle from next monday
Original post by phosphene
So are interview invites expected to go out in the next few days?

Does anyone know if they give out interviews in a particular order? Do the highest ukcat scorers get their interview invites first or is it completely random? The cut off could be anything I’m very nervous ! Good luck everyone !!
Original post by singhaman
After this week
Original post by millie8937
Does anyone know if they give out interviews in a particular order? Do the highest ukcat scorers get their interview invites first or is it completely random? The cut off could be anything I’m very nervous ! Good luck everyone !!

What's your ukcat?
If you are top ~2 deciles you should be fine
Original post by singhaman
If you are top ~2 deciles you should be fine

Im the Third decile! My ukcat was over the cut off last year but only just. I’m hoping I’m just okay because there was a national drop in UKCAT scores!
Original post by millie8937

Top ukcat usually first but not definitely. I’m nervous too, I’m in the 76th percentile with 2660 (so in the top quarter) but might not be enough
Original post by phosphene
Top ukcat usually first but not definitely. I’m nervous too, I’m in the 76th percentile with 2660 (so in the top quarter) but might not be enough

No particular order, they confirmed this to me on the phone.
Original post by Antibiotics
No particular order, they confirmed this to me on the phone.

Thanks!!

Latest

Trending

Trending