The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by raylor99
Hey guys, do you know if international students have to travel to Newcastle for the interview or are there any alternative options?

Hi, what country are u from? I think in the past they had interviews in Malaysia but this year their website says skype interview or at Newcastle. What are ur stats like?
Original post by jo3177
Hi, what country are u from? I think in the past they had interviews in Malaysia but this year their website says skype interview or at Newcastle. What are ur stats like?

Heyy I’m from Singapore!
Oh really? I did read about the Skype interview but I didn’t see Malaysia being mentioned for last year.
As for my stats, Singapore A levels: A,A,A and UKCAT 3190, B3
Reply 102
Heyy I’m from Singapore!
Oh really? I did read about the Skype interview but I didn’t see Malaysia being mentioned for last year.
As for my stats, Singapore A levels: A,A,A and UKCAT 3190, B3

Wow, that's a great UKCAT score. What year entry are u looking at? Do u hv to finish NS before starting uni? All the best!!!
Original post by phosphene
Top ukcat usually first but not definitely. I’m nervous too, I’m in the 76th percentile with 2660 (so in the top quarter) but might not be enough

I have exactly the same UKCAT score as you!
Original post by jo3177
Wow, that's a great UKCAT score. What year entry are u looking at? Do u hv to finish NS before starting uni? All the best!!!

Haha thank you! I’m sure you have a great UKCAT score too! I’m applying for 2020 deferred entry only because of NS 😭😭😭
Thank you! All the best to you too!!
Haha thank you! I’m sure you have a great UKCAT score too! I’m applying for 2020 deferred entry only because of NS 😭😭😭

what is NS???
Original post by singhaman
what is NS???

National service, it is compulsory for males in Singapore
Has anyone got interviews yet
Reply 108

Thank you. I am actually a parent. My youngest son is the one applying into med school. His UKCAT score is 2920 band 3. We are Malaysians.
Original post by jo3177
Thank you. I am actually a parent. My youngest son is the one applying into med school. His UKCAT score is 2920 band 3. We are Malaysians.

oh wow your son's score is excellent! All the best to your son! Hopefully he gets some good news really soon.
Reply 110
oh wow your son's score is excellent! All the best to your son! Hopefully he gets some good news really soon.

Thx. It's not as good as yours but I hope you both get where you want to be😊
Does anybody know if PARTNERS applicants are invited for interview later than other applicants ?? Somebody told me we get interviewed in like February after everyone else but not sure if it’s just a myth
Did anyone receive interview invitation from Newcastle medical school please?
Original post by Fatima20000
Did anyone receive interview invitation from Newcastle medical school please?

They will start next week, by my estimation
Original post by singhaman
They will start next week, by my estimation

Apparently someone got a rejection today
😯do they send out rejections before interview offers
Someone posted about a rejection with a 2470.
Not wanna be harsh, but 2470 is pretty low
Original post by pizza26
😯do they send out rejections before interview offers

Once they have a clear idea of what the cut off is looking like they are likely to reject those applications that they know are too far below.
Manchester take a similar approach - apparently they have been sending out rejections this week but no interview offers yet
Oh ok thanx 👍🏽

Latest

Trending

Trending