Year 11 - The Winding Road of GCSE's (Jemima's path to sweet success) Watch

jemima0103
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So, it's the end of the first week, and things have actually started quite well,
I managed to hand in all the correct homework, and there is some advantages of being in year 11.
I also managed to finally get a meeting with my school support, so hopefully that will help me.
Luckily for me, I only got set one bit of homework, but i am planning on starting some revision this weekend.
All in all, quite a good week.
jemima0103
Rep:
?
Haven't updated since Friday, but quite a few things have happened since then.
I had my school support meeting, and it went well apart from the fact that I was really nervous and wasn't quite sure what to say,
after that I had PE which I hate, plus it was netball and I'm quite short so that didn't help.
On the plus side, i have got nicely settled into a good revision and homework routine, and i'm currently going over all the science topics from year 10 at home, because that's what the school will test us on in our mocks, and in Year 10 i did really bad and failed biology so that's my main revision area at the moment.
jemima0103
Rep:
?
OK, so I've started having a look at A level options, and trying to decide on whether i should stay and go to sixth-form, or should i go to college.
College has good A levels that would be useful for me, and so does the sixth-form, however i really haven't enjoyed being in an enclosed school environment the past year. College would probably be the best option, however i would have to get the train because i live in a small town, so it would cost me everyday.
jemima0103
Rep:
?
I also wondered is anyone had any tips about flying for the first time, because i'm going to Berlin next month and i'm really scared about going on a plane.
jemima0103
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I've just remembered that I haven't posted in about a week, but this is due to a lot of stressful things happening at the moment. Our friendship group has had a lot of drama at the moment, and I've been getting really stressed about going on a plane and going to Berlin. it sounds stupid, but i'm just really scared about what could happen on the plane and anything dangerous in Berlin.

However, i have been making process with school work, and in maths, despite all my friends saying it was difficult, found SOH CAH TOA really easy.
We also did a history assessment on Anglo-Saxons, and i couldn't remember what a fyrd was, luckily it was only the first question which is a four marker, so it hopefully won't be too bad, and I manged to answer the rest of the assessment quite well.
jemima0103
Rep:
?
Name:  Snapchat-1212187983-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  71.2 KB
physics revision cards
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
jemima0103
Rep:
?
Name:  image-1edc9677-378b-40fb-88c7-1cae701e9431996706857-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  92.7 KB
Name:  image-3d47adad-ab2b-4622-a852-062e4d21aada-2082192986-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  120.8 KB
Name:  image-e4eba2c1-55fd-432e-b034-ae7c56aa92c0-1975887127-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 19
Size:  93.9 KB
ASOBSBZAN
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by jemima0103)
I've just remembered that I haven't posted in about a week, but this is due to a lot of stressful things happening at the moment. Our friendship group has had a lot of drama at the moment, and I've been getting really stressed about going on a plane and going to Berlin. it sounds stupid, but i'm just really scared about what could happen on the plane and anything dangerous in Berlin.

However, i have been making process with school work, and in maths, despite all my friends saying it was difficult, found SOH CAH TOA really easy.
We also did a history assessment on Anglo-Saxons, and i couldn't remember what a fyrd was, luckily it was only the first question which is a four marker, so it hopefully won't be too bad, and I manged to answer the rest of the assessment quite well.
Don't be scared about flying, it's actually safer than travelling by car. Everyone is scared their first time flying, it's nowhere near as scary as it sounds.

I was just about to say what a fyrd was but you've probably remembered/looked it up since then.

Also I wish my writing was as neat as your's.
jemima0103
Rep:
?
(Original post by ASOBSBZAN)
Don't be scared about flying, it's actually safer than travelling by car. Everyone is scared their first time flying, it's nowhere near as scary as it sounds.

I was just about to say what a fyrd was but you've probably remembered/looked it up since then.

Also I wish my writing was as neat as your's.
thank you, i'm feeling a bit better about flying now.
The moment i got out the assessment I checked what a fyrd was
jemima0103
Rep:
?
OK, so although this week started off badly, it's actually gone alright. On monday our entire class failed the biology test, because we learnt half the topic before summer and our exam technique isn't very good. I also did the end of topic physics test and got 19/30, which initially I was really disappointed about, but when I checked over the test, it was because I messed up on resultant forces, and didn't answer the final 6 mark question properly so at least i now know what to work on.

On the plus side, we've now started Germany in history, and in the first weekly knowledge test i got 18/20.
I've decided to have a more chilled weekend mainly focusing on my art, so i'm going to binge watch Waterloo Road, and today we ordered dominos.

cloudbubbles sherlanddris ChloexAdele ASOBSBZAN
Name:  generatedtext.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  2.5 KB
Attached files
ChloexAdele
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
OK, so although this week started off badly, it's actually gone alright. On monday our entire class failed the biology test, because we learnt half the topic before summer and our exam technique isn't very good. I also did the end of topic physics test and got 19/30, which initially I was really disappointed about, but when I checked over the test, it was because I messed up on resultant forces, and didn't answer the final 6 mark question properly so at least i now know what to work on.

On the plus side, we've now started Germany in history, and in the first weekly knowledge test i got 18/20.
I've decided to have a more chilled weekend mainly focusing on my art, so i'm going to binge watch Waterloo Road, and today we ordered dominos.

Name:  generatedtext.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  2.5 KB
Sounds good! I’m having a chilled weekend too haha xx
jemima0103
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
This is just a quick post, because i only got back from Germany last night, however, all i can say, is that Berlin is amazing.

ChloexAdele
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
This is just a quick post, because i only got back from Germany last night, however, all i can say, is that Berlin is amazing.

Glad you enjoyed it! Xx
jemima0103
Rep:
?
Just a thread to do with opinions on my considered A Levels
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5643510
@cloudbubbles @sherlanddris @ChloexAdele @ASOBSBZAN
jemima0103
Rep:
?
We had a careers fair this week at my school, and I picked up some prospectuses from York,Nottingham,Aberystwyth, Dundee and Hull University, to try and help me decide what subjects to take for A Level. At the moment i;m thinking of doing Sociology, French and Maths.
Anyway here are my predicted greades, some of them are quite low because I didn't do that well in the year 10 mocks.

Art -5
English Language-6
English Literature-6
French-7
Geography-5
History-7
Mathematics-7
Science- 4-4

I won't update much in the next few weeks, because I have the mocks in about three weeks, and I want to get lots of revision done

ChloexAdele
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
We had a careers fair this week at my school, and I picked up some prospectuses from York,Nottingham,Aberystwyth, Dundee and Hull University, to try and help me decide what subjects to take for A Level. At the moment i;m thinking of doing Sociology, French and Maths.
Anyway here are my predicted greades, some of them are quite low because I didn't do that well in the year 10 mocks.

Art -5
English Language-6
English Literature-6
French-7
Geography-5
History-7
Mathematics-7
Science- 4-4

I won't update much in the next few weeks, because I have the mocks in about three weeks, and I want to get lots of revision done

Good luck with your mocks! I’m interested in doing sociology too x
jemima0103
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChloexAdele)
Good luck with your mocks! I’m interested in doing sociology too x
Thanks, when I went to my school's sixth-form open evening I thought it looked really interesting
ChloexAdele
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thanks, when I went to my school's sixth-form open evening I thought it looked really interesting
Yeah it’s definitely something I’m interested in x
jemima0103
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
It's been about a month since my last post, however this is all because of the mocks.
I've only had one result back at the moment which was geography and i'm really happy, because i got a 7 which is up three grades from the year 10 mocks.

However, last night someone in our year was killed in an accident, so today's and tommorow's mocks have been rearranged for next week.

jemima0103
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I've been using Seneca to revise from, and my school paid for us to use a really good revision website called GCSEPOD.

https://www.gcsepod.com
https://www.senecalearning.com/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%