The Student Room Group

Can I get a paper remarked even if I don’t need it?

Hi after getting my gcse results I found out that I am 2 marks away from an A in my physics paper. I’m not planning on doing physics in the future, although I feel like it would be great to get an extra A. Is there a point in getting it remarked even though I don’t need it? Or should I just leave it? Is it possible to get an A from that 2 marks off?
Original post by T.Kxx
Hi after getting my gcse results I found out that I am 2 marks away from an A in my physics paper. I’m not planning on doing physics in the future, although I feel like it would be great to get an extra A. Is there a point in getting it remarked even though I don’t need it? Or should I just leave it? Is it possible to get an A from that 2 marks off?

Sounds a bit pointless imo.
Remarks can result in marks going down as well as up.
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
Sounds a bit pointless imo.

Yeah that’s what I mean. Should I not do it?
Original post by T.Kxx

You can do it, it’s a case of whether you care enough about the potential for the better grade to justify the cost of the remark should the grade not improve, also make sure that there no potential of dropping a grade or you are very far into the marks needed for the b!

Quick Reply

Latest