GYG: Trying Not To Fail Y11 (2018-2019) Watch

Maz.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Sorry for the delay but I GOT BLOODY 11 WEEKS LEFT!!! Gave a right kick up the backside and now I'm just lamenting my failure...

Moving on >>>> I've nearly finished chemistry P1 just got 1 or 2 topics to go and then finito! I've just got a load of flashcards on my bed and I went through a past paper and will soon be going through another one. I feel a bit better since when I went through the questions I realised I knew it all, I just didn't recognise the question structure but now that's changed
- For history, I find it pretty easy since I have most of the context down (I think??) I just need to do some questions to figure out the structure, how much info and analysation to put in and so.
- Maths... love the subject but apparently, that love ain't mutual. It's all logically but I need more practice to remember processes and recognise when to use them.
- Psychology is an easy subject, I normally get around near 7's without revision for tests so I'm pretty sure if I revise the context I will do well in the test as I recognise where to get the marks and how to answer questions. I've done around 5 whole topics and I only need to do 3 more.
- Other sciences - I need to finish biology, chemistry and physics P2 but I'm only doing that after physic P1 revision, it will only take around 2 weeks per subject so I think I'm doing okay, ill have around 3 weeks for pure past papers and questions.
- English lit and lang... I really need to start memorising quotes for themes (which I hate, why is there so many for Romeo and Juliet, why!?), finishing AIC quotes as well as poetry this week and then moving to R+J and ACC. Going to just freestyle the rest and see how I do

I think that's all? Recently, I've been lacking motivation but honestly, I have nothing else I have to do so I just do the revision to fill in the day or lie around, dead.
Maz.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hola! It's actually been an okay two weeks and tomorrow I'll have finished all my mock tests, I've already found out some of my results and they're actually kind of shocking - the good kind.
So far:
History, American West and Elizabethan England - 6
English language P1 - 7
Chemistry - 6
Biology - A bloody 9!!!

Haven't gotten my physics results which I'm pretty sure I've done terribly in as I only revised for biology and chemistry. I've just done Trenches and medicine through time for history today and I'm doing English literature P2 tomorrow.
So I'd say I've improved by a lot, though I do have to complete some practise papers to get used to the mark schemes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (82)
16.17%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (53)
10.45%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (92)
18.15%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (75)
14.79%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (53)
10.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (152)
29.98%

Watched Threads