When is it too late to change your A level choice?

Watch
SudanesePrince
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Realistically speaking, the point at which further delay will negatively effect your performance.

I'm currently feeling really insecure about my A level choices so just trying to reassure my self
username3866754
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I reckon you could swap anytime in the 1st half term and be fine, after that it might be a bit more difficult to negotiate but I’ve known people that have, does depend on the subject tho
username3731912
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
in my school they said before october.
i changed a subject at the start of november tho lol, wouldnt really recommend because thats a lot of content, i would probs say mid october is ur latest.
nbhjbmnjn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When i was in college, I took maths and ended up not enjoying it so I swtiched to physics 4 months later (Dec) and still got an A in it. You just gotta put in a lot of work to catch up. Luckily I had a really helpful teacher
romansholiday
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I remember my school saying that it was up until the first half term... They said they have to send off our entry to the government/exam boards or something but this could be total bs (my school had the tendecy to bullsh*t).
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Drop within the first 3-4 weeks. No point carrying it on further otherwise you are wasting your time.
doglover123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I swapped in January - it was a struggle but I still managed to get a decent grade in the end. I'd advise dropping before the first half term though
RexOrange
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by nbhjbmnjn)
When i was in college, I took maths and ended up not enjoying it so I swtiched to physics 4 months later (Dec) and still got an A in it. You just gotta put in a lot of work to catch up. Luckily I had a really helpful teacher
Hi, do you think switching to maths mid January is too late?
RexOrange
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by doglover123)
I swapped in January - it was a struggle but I still managed to get a decent grade in the end. I'd advise dropping before the first half term though
At what point in January? Mid way??
PhantomMercy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RexOrange)
At what point in January? Mid way??
I swapped to further maths in April from Geography and it has been hard work but it is possible so as long as you are willing to put in the effort then it is possible to switch in January. However, I was achieving straight As so this was taken into consideration when allowing me to switch - make sure you put forward a good case and then you may be allowed to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (47)
15.02%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (101)
32.27%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (39)
12.46%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (27)
8.63%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.43%
I think it's an unfair expectation (79)
25.24%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.96%

Watched Threads