username4237146
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help clear this up for me. I have a question in one of my Business Admin assignments. Keep in mind this is for a unit entitled 'Use a telephone and voicemail system'. It says:

'Outline how a caller’s experiences affect their view of an organisation.'

The question seems a little vague. The most likely explanation is that it is asking me how an experience during a phone call with an organisation may affect their overall view of the organisation seen as though this unit is about using a telephone. But it could also mean their experiences in general e.g. background, cultural differences etc.
AmyC1234
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there,

This question is asking you how the experience of the phone call will affect the caller's view on the organisation, e.g. if the caller has a bad experience, such as the employee seems unhelpful and rude then the caller will view the organisation in a negative way. Below is information from the unit specification to give you a better idea of what to add;

AC1.1: Outline how a caller’s experiences affect their view of an organisation
● Different callers: internal customers, e.g. colleagues, department staff, other departments; external customers, e.g. from different organisations, members of the public; people with individual needs, e.g. those for whom English is not the first language, those with hearing loss; dealing with difficult callers

● Giving the right impression: good telephone manner, e.g. answer promptly, be polite, standard organisational greeting; active listening; use of questioning techniques; advise or arrange what is needed; give the caller confidence that the call will be dealt with; speed of action taken; know who to ask if unsure of information needed

Hope this helps!
AbM97
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi I am currently on this unit, however have one question to complete: 1.5 - Describe why it is important to follow security and data protection procedures when using a telephone system. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Abbie
AmyC1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi Abbie, I’ve had a look at the specification for this unit and this is the information they have for this question which will it explain what they’re looking for better than I will; “Importance, eg. security of business-sensitive information, comply with data-protection regulations, avoiding information security breaches that may damage the reputation of the organisation.”If you’re stuck on ideas to talk about in regards to data protection regulations I’d look at GDPR and the Data Protection Act 1998 and see how they relate to your specific company. Hope this helps and if you need anything else let me know Amy
AbM97
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
This was helpful!! Thank you Amy
RBlanco90
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi guys,has anybody got any help to offer with this? 1.2 Outline organisational standards and procedures for communicating on the telephone:Thank you.
a.garner
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Can anyone help me on what is the precudures for deleting voicemails?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (64)
27%
1 (39)
16.46%
2 (40)
16.88%
3 (32)
13.5%
4 (16)
6.75%
5 (20)
8.44%