Triple Sciences Websites for Revision as well as Youtube channels Watch

EO4LIF3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I need some revision sites and channels so I can maybe try and collate my notes based on them so can some of you guys recommend as many as possible. I also don't know what to make flashcards on --> my class notes, CGP Books, etc.)
Thank you, please reply ASAP
Yodalam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

Personally, I felt that revision guides and books were enough. But I used resources from getrevising because there is such a wide variety of resources to choose from.

Hope this help.
alphabetagam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hopefully I can help you out - https://gcsescienceexamhelp.co.uk
EO4LIF3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yodalam)
Hi,

Personally, I felt that revision guides and books were enough. But I used resources from getrevising because there is such a wide variety of resources to choose from.

Hope this help.
This is very helpful, but if there is a wide variety of sources to choose from, how long should I spent revising each of them and in what form should I copy my notes down in. Getrevising I have used before and I have seen the past papers but the actual revision notes aren't specific .
Yodalam
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EO4LIF3)
This is very helpful, but if there is a wide variety of sources to choose from, how long should I spent revising each of them and in what form should I copy my notes down in. Getrevising I have used before and I have seen the past papers but the actual revision notes aren't specific .
You should prioritise the revision guides given from the exam boards then you can use other sources to fill in gaps in your knowledge.

The past papers will ultimately help you. Get revising should be used for last night revision when you have already looked through the revision guides. As it has information available as brief notes.
EO4LIF3
Rep:
?
You should prioritise the revision guides given from the exam boards then you can use other sources to fill in gaps in your knowledge.

The past papers will ultimately help you. Get revising should be used for last night revision when you have already looked through the revision guides. As it has information available as brief notes.
The last part makes sense A LOT but what do you mean revision guides? Please recommend some revision guides because I do not know how to use them because if they are a guide that means they are not in depth revision and therefore I must visit another website for that revision
Thank you
Yodalam
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The last part makes sense A LOT but what do you mean revision guides? Please recommend some revision guides because I do not know how to use them because if they are a guide that means they are not in depth revision and therefore I must visit another website for that revision
Thank you
For in-depth revision, you can use your school textbook and write your detailed notes with them. But for revision use CGP books from here

https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/Student/w...e_aqa_revision

Using these revision guides, write briefer notes that you can easily revise from as they pin point key information well as you don’t want to learn useless information. So you will end up with 2 sets of notes of which you can revise from
EO4LIF3
Rep:
?
For in-depth revision, you can use your school textbook and write your detailed notes with them. But for revision use CGP books from here

https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/Student/w...e_aqa_revision

Using these revision guides, write briefer notes that you can easily revise from as they pin point key information well as you don’t want to learn useless information. So you will end up with 2 sets of notes of which you can revise from
OHHH THANK GOD I HAVE THEM 3 BOOKS . But are those called revision guides? Also, are you suggesting to make revision cards based on class notes AND cgp books?
#
EO4LIF3
Rep:
?
(Original post by alphabetagam)
Hopefully I can help you out - https://gcsescienceexamhelp.co.uk
Thank you for the help but I will only pay for very few things such as CGP books but thank you for the help. Do you know of any other free webistes? Also how long should I revise per day on a school day and ON WEEKENDS.
Yodalam
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
OHHH THANK GOD I HAVE THEM 3 BOOKS . But are those called revision guides? Also, are you suggesting to make revision cards based on class notes AND cgp books?
#
It will say whether it is a revision guide or a textbook on the front page. Make detailed notes based on class notes and school textbook but revision notes from revision guides and some key information from class notes.
EO4LIF3
Rep:
?
It will say whether it is a revision guide or a textbook on the front page. Make detailed notes based on class notes and school textbook but revision notes from revision guides and some key information from class notes.
So the site you showed me of the 3 books are TEXTBOOKS and so I should read them. But I should make FLASHCARDS on revision guides.
I know this is repetitive but then should i make 2 sets of flashcards --> 1 set for class and 1 set for revision guides. You may have said it before but it is difficult for me to understand
Thanks for Patience
Yodalam
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So the site you showed me of the 3 books are TEXTBOOKS and so I should read them. But I should make FLASHCARDS on revision guides.
I know this is repetitive but then should i make 2 sets of flashcards --> 1 set for class and 1 set for revision guides. You may have said it before but it is difficult for me to understand
Thanks for Patience
1 set of detailed notes from using text book and class notes (or it can be in your class notes but making sure you have covered everything)

1 set of revision flash cards from revision guides

it’s ok
alphabetagam
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for the help but I will only pay for very few things such as CGP books but thank you for the help. Do you know of any other free webistes? Also how long should I revise per day on a school day and ON WEEKENDS.
No worries,

That will be the only paid service (practice papers) - everything else will be for free including topic videos, how to revise etc
EO4LIF3
Rep:
?
1 set of detailed notes from using text book and class notes (or it can be in your class notes but making sure you have covered everything)

1 set of revision flash cards from revision guides

it’s ok
The CGP site you showed me. The books are very detailed (I have them and they may be revision guides but they are very detailed) so how would avoid missing key details?
Yodalam
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The CGP site you showed me. The books are very detailed (I have them and they may be revision guides but they are very detailed) so how would avoid missing key details?
The key details are highlighted. If the information was irrelevant, it wouldn’t be in the revision guide
EO4LIF3
Rep:
?
No worries,

That will be the only paid service (practice papers) - everything else will be for free including topic videos, how to revise etc
I have made an account but there is NOTHING hahah on the website except 2 past papers lol. Please can you help me and direct me through it?
alphabetagam
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have made an account but there is NOTHING hahah on the website except 2 past papers lol. Please can you help me and direct me through it?
All resources should be up by end of September/early October.

Stay tuned!

I am also a Science tutor so if you need any assistance with the subject, please ask.
EO4LIF3
Rep:
?
All resources should be up by end of September/early October.

Stay tuned!

I am also a Science tutor so if you need any assistance with the subject, please ask.
I have questions on Biology AQA. I am in need of revision notes please. We have finished Cell Biology and are currently starting on Organisation. Any advice as to how to proceed Year 10 would be much appreciated.
Aliila
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Physicsandmathstutor - site
Freesciencelessons - youtube
EO4LIF3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aliila)
Physicsandmathstutor - site
Freesciencelessons - youtube
Thank you, I have used freesciencelessons and they are very informative but I believe they miss key information so I don't want to just stick to them
Is physicsandmathstutor free?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (45)
37.5%
I really love the subject (30)
25%