The Student Room Group

Help😂😭

My current EPQ is in the process of drafting my dissertation. I decided to do mine about the OJ Simpson murder trial, as I am interested in law and criminology (not at degree level- just a hobby). Unfortunately I have came to an understanding that the courses I am looking at (international business, East Asia Studies and Korea Studies) have absolutely nothing to do with it. I know that most universities don’t particularly look at EPQ as part of the offer but I was wondering if anyone knew whether you can do two EPQ’s? Or if it is ok for it to just be about something I am interested in and have nothing to do with the courses I’m applying for? Thanks x
Original post by M.o.l.l.y_G
My current EPQ is in the process of drafting my dissertation. I decided to do mine about the OJ Simpson murder trial, as I am interested in law and criminology (not at degree level- just a hobby). Unfortunately I have came to an understanding that the courses I am looking at (international business, East Asia Studies and Korea Studies) have absolutely nothing to do with it. I know that most universities don’t particularly look at EPQ as part of the offer but I was wondering if anyone knew whether you can do two EPQ’s? Or if it is ok for it to just be about something I am interested in and have nothing to do with the courses I’m applying for? Thanks x

Best person to ask would probably be your supervisor but I don't think you can do 2 EPQs....
Original post by M.o.l.l.y_G

I'm fairly sure you can't do 2 EPQs, but I will say that for East Asian Studies and Korean Studies EPQs are very valuable. My offers for Korean at SOAS and Korean Studies at Sheffield were reduced by a grade because I had an EPQ. I'm not 100% sure whether the EPQ has to be a relevant topic for them to lower their offer, but it might be worth emailing the unis you're interested in to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending