The Student Room Group

EPQ topics

Hi guys!!
Pleaseeeeee suggest some good epq questions, the topics I’m interested in most are blood groups, genetics, ethics.
But I’m really not sure how I can tailor my epq around these topics.
Plsssss help!!! :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
What about ‘How ethically justifiable is genetic modification?’
Original post by Crazy26
Hi guys!!
Pleaseeeeee suggest some good epq topics, the topics I’m interested in most are blood groups, genetics, ethics.

i was going to do mine on epigenetics which was pretty interesting. Cpuld be something you look into if it sounds good?
Try linking blood group and genetics together (researching into some topics will help here). Incorporate some ethical justifications, but into your essay. Maybe into your title too, 'is .... ethically viable' etc.
At the end of the day, it's your EPQ and you should do it on something you would enjoy doing.
Reply 3
Original post by haseeb_jarral
i was going to do mine on epigenetics which was pretty interesting. Cpuld be something you look into if it sounds good?
Try linking blood group and genetics together (researching into some topics will help here). Incorporate some ethical justifications, but into your essay. Maybe into your title too, 'is .... ethically viable' etc.
At the end of the day, it's your EPQ and you should do it on something you would enjoy doing.

That actually sounds like such a good idea! Thank you so much! Do you have any idea on how I could combine genetics and blood groups cos I’d love to☺️
Reply 4
Original post by Crazy26
Hi guys!!
Pleaseeeeee suggest some good epq questions, the topics I’m interested in most are blood groups, genetics, ethics.

i did my epq on genetic engineering: the social aspect of it.
For example- what happens if we are allowed to choose genders. would we have more men than women?
what would happen to society? would there be an increase in child brides, prostitution?
Original post by Crazy26
That actually sounds like such a good idea! Thank you so much! Do you have any idea on how I could combine genetics and blood groups cos I’d love to☺️

I'm no expert in the topic lol but you could talk about the importance in genetics determining your blood type and the antigens responsible for it.
Or something along the lines of genetic modification to change blood groups - this would allow you to talk about ethics too
Reply 6
Original post by haseeb_jarral
I'm no expert in the topic lol but you could talk about the importance in genetics determining your blood type and the antigens responsible for it.
Or something along the lines of genetic modification to change blood groups - this would allow you to talk about ethics too

I’ll look into it, thanks so much!! Sounds interesting to me!
Original post by Crazy26
I’ll look into it, thanks so much!! Sounds interesting to me!

no worries, good luck with it!

Quick Reply

Latest