Is the CGP Revision guide for Physics enough to get an A* at A-level?

Watch
ZdYnm8vuNR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is the CGP Revision guide for Physics enough to get an A* at A-level (Knowledge wise)? (Provided that you practice the concepts + math questions) Does it cover the content to sufficient detail?

This is the one I'm talking about: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
EmperorTortoise
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ZdYnm8vuNR)
Is the CGP Revision guide for Physics enough to get an A* at A-level (Knowledge wise)? (Provided that you practice the concepts + math questions) Does it cover the content to sufficient detail?

This is the one I'm talking about: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Deep down you know that the answer is no.
ZdYnm8vuNR
Rep:
?
(Original post by EmperorTortoise)
Deep down you know that the answer is no.
I haven't started A-levels yet, I have no idea.
EmperorTortoise
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I haven't started A-levels yet, I have no idea.
A level is much harder than GCSE and you can’t replace all of the knowledge you learn with a revision guide. This is particularly the case with physics, which is a very difficult a level.
ZdYnm8vuNR
Rep:
?
A level is much harder than GCSE and you can’t replace all of the knowledge you learn with a revision guide. This is particularly the case with physics, which is a very difficult a level.
So what could I use as a revision resource that has sufficient depth to get an A*?
EmperorTortoise
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So what could I use as a revision resource that has sufficient depth to get an A*?
A textbook would be sufficient.
ZdYnm8vuNR
Rep:
?
A textbook would be sufficient.
Alright, like the endoreded ones? What grade would you get only using the CGP revision guide? is it lacking detail?
username3731912
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
revision guides are like short versions of textbooks
agrajaag
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They're useful for learning the bulk of the material but probably not good enough to get you up to an A*
umbrellala
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

No, it might get you a B at best if that's what you're relying on. It's much better to revise from the textbook directly and fill in any gaps using the spec.
Phobophobia1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by umbrellala)
No, it might get you a B at best if that's what you're relying on. It's much better to revise from the textbook directly and fill in any gaps using the spec.
Which textbook do you recommend?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (441)
56.25%
I don't have everything I need (343)
43.75%

Watched Threads