The Student Room Group

EPQ or Young Enterprise

Hi everyone,
I start 6th form this week and was wondering, what is better, an EPQ or Young Enterprise...
For a little background info:
I want to run my own business and I'm not sure whether I want to go to university.

Also, is there anything that you wish you knew before you started year 12?
Original post by wills21
Hi everyone,
I start 6th form this week and was wondering, what is better, an EPQ or Young Enterprise...
I want to run my own business and I'm not sure whether I want to go to university.

Why not do both?

Also, how hard you work correlates to exam success, no matter if it's GCSE's or A-Levels. You just need to adjust your exam techniques as A-Level exams require a different style of answering, but you'll get used to this by doing more practice question.
Reply 2
Original post by Grade A
Why not do both?

Also, how hard you work correlates to exam success, no matter if it's GCSE's or A-Levels. You just need to adjust your exam techniques as A-Level exams require a different style of answering, but you'll get used to this by doing more practice question.

I would want to do both but I feel that if I want to do well in my A-levels, I need to provide more time towards my subjects than extra activities... and my school only lets you take one.
Original post by wills21
Hi everyone,

I would reccomend YE if you want to go into business/make your own unless your business idea is pretty technical then you could discuss it in your EPQ.
Original post by wills21
I would want to do both but I feel that if I want to do well in my A-levels, I need to provide more time towards my subjects than extra activities... and my school only lets you take one.

If you're not too sure on going to uni, then I think it's best to do Young Enterprise as I gives you great skills for employers and will help you to start your business :smile: I'm hoping to get my school to do YE this year.
Reply 5
Original post by isiaiah d
I would reccomend YE if you want to go into business/make your own unless your business idea is pretty technical then you could discuss it in your EPQ.

Ok cool, if worst comes to worst, I can write an EPQ based on businesses and then hope I do alright in it haha.
Reply 6
Original post by Grade A
If you're not too sure on going to uni, then I think it's best to do Young Enterprise as I gives you great skills for employers and will help you to start your business :smile: I'm hoping to get my school to do YE this year.

Ok cool, I guess it is something different and I am awful at essays so I feel that my EPQ will just be a dragged out mess which repeats the same statistics time and time again. However, I hate working in a team if someone isn't cooperative - maybe YE will give me the skill of teamwork which is a good skill to put on your CV.

Quick Reply

Latest